The Capital Programs and Campus & Capital Renewal Planning Departments are responsible for the planning, design and construction of all capital projects for Tufts University. Working closely with Facilities, Operations Control Center and Finance Departments, they plan and execute on the University’s 10-year capital plan. The departments serve four Tufts University campuses: the Medford/Somerville campus, the Boston Health Sciences campus, the Boston School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts and the Grafton Veterinary campus together encompassing 170 buildings and 5.6 million gross square feet. The departments are responsible for communications with internal and external stakeholders including faculty, senior leadership, trustees, municipalities and donors.
What You'll Do
This role will be responsible for communications involving Capital Programs, Campus & Capital Renewal Planning Departments and internal and external stakeholders including faculty, senior leadership, trustees, municipalities and donors. The various communications will relate to planning and capital projects, including program descriptions, budgets, schedule, long range campus planning, prioritization of projects etc.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience as typically acquired through completion of bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communication, advertising, journalism, administration, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years managing communications for one or more senior level staff.
- High Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite - skilled in creating and editing Power Point presentations, drafting/editing memos, writing meeting agendas and minutes and creating graphic content and managing/updating websites.
- Demonstrated organizational and operational skills; high attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously
- Experience managing communication relating to the Architecture, Engineering and/or Construction fields
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders and transition seamlessly between forms of communication and job requirements on a consistent basis.
- Knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite (In-design, Illustrator, Photoshop) preferred.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
This job involves responsibilities that are performed in a hybrid working environment.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.