Under the direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor of Data Governance or assigned administrator, the Business Intelligence (BI) Report Developer will serve as an integral member of the Data Governance and Business Intelligence team. The Business Intelligence (BI) Report Developer is responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of mission-critical enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) reports. The BI Report Developer will work with cross-functional teams and participate in the gathering and documenting of report requirements to meet business needs. Using your skills and experience as a BI Report Developer, you will then use those requirements to design, develop, test and implement reports and dashboards that utilize the underlying data store(s)/ data warehouse(s) / data mart(s).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements.
2. Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources.
3. Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards for both external and internal users.
4. Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence.
5. Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
6. Provide training and assistance to users for generation of adhoc reports.
7. Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
8. Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision