Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Administrative Secretary to the Dean
Butte-Glenn Community College District
Administrative Secretary to the Dean (Student Success): Class Specification (Job description)
CSEA Range 27; Full-time/Non-Exempt 40 hours per week; 12 months per year
Tentative First Interviews: June 13 - 14, 2023
Tentative Second Interviews: Week of June 19, 2023
Anticipated Start Date: August 1, 2023
Application Tips for Success
The Administrative Secretary to the Dean provides direct support to the Dean of Student Success and Retention, assisting the Dean with all aspects of running a wide range of complex, categorical and grant funded student support programs. Those programs include the Student Health Center/Mental Health Services, Disability Support Services, Roadrunner Hub Basic Needs Center, EOPS/CARE, Inspiring Scholars, Center for Academic Success, Student Success Services, as well as the TRIO and CASA grants.
The successful candidate is responsible for budget and reporting functions, coordinating faculty and staff evaluations, preparing meeting materials, utilizing a variety of computer programs, and creating and maintaining advanced documents and databases, all while applying a high level of confidentiality, responsibility, and judgment. This position oversees multiple large budgets and will track expenditures, pay invoices, project expenses, prepare budget transfers, and anticipate program fiscal needs while maintaining complex spreadsheets and records.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be customer-service oriented, have strong organizational, time-management and?people skills, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The work schedule is Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Over the summer, the schedule changes to Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with Friday off.
Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Butte-Glenn Community College District will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals. Butte-Glenn Community College District encourages both incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES, MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Please visit the class specification to see the representative duties, minimum qualifications, desired qualifications, and other requirements of the position.
Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity and sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
All applicants, including current Butte College employees, must submit all required documents with the online application in order to move forward in the recruitment process.
- Resume or Vita: Please submit this as an attachment, not as a text resume within the application.
- Diversity Essay: The Butte-Glenn Community College District has a very diverse staff and student population with respect to academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds.
- In your Diversity Essay, please describe your skills, education, professional development, community involvement, and professional experience working with these diverse groups.
REQUIRED UPON HIRE:
- Transcripts of Academic Work: Official transcripts will be required upon hire. All offers of employment are contingent upon the submission of official transcripts showing completion of the degree. NOTE: Transcripts are not a required attachment during the application process.
- Foreign Transcripts: If you have foreign transcripts, you must include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Please contact the Office of Human Resources for a list of agencies providing this service or visit our website.
- Equivalency: If the position has an education equivalency component within the minimum qualifications and you are applying under equivalency, transcripts will not be required.
- The successful applicant will be required to complete a medical history questionnaire and must agree to undergo and pass a pre-employment physical examination, based on the physical requirements of the position, prior to employment. The physician will be selected and paid for by the District. Disabilities not related to the essential physical job requirements will not preclude the applicant from being hired.
- Education Code § 87408.6 states that no person shall be initially employed by a community college district in an academic or classified position unless the person has submitted to an examination within the past sixty (60) days to determine that he or she is free of active tuberculosis.
- As a condition of employment, the position you are applying for will require that you provide fingerprints to the local police department. The fee charged by the Department of Justice (DOJ) for the fingerprint report is the employee's responsibility. If you should be offered this position you will be asked to sign a payroll deduction form which will authorize the District to deduct the fee charged by the DOJ from your first paycheck.
The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancy and possibly future vacancies for positions with the same class specification.
The District reserves the right to modify, rescind or re-advertise this announcement without notification or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for the position.
The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees/family members: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Income Protection, contribution to the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) or State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS), 403b and 457 tax shelter retirement plan, accrued vacation days and sick days. For more information please click on the link below.
Fringe Benefit Summary
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |