Position Number: CM-035-2021
Department: English as a Second Language (ESL)
Job Category: Classified Unit A
Time (Percent Time): 100%
Term (months/year): 12 months/year
Current Work Schedule (days, hours): Monday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Salary Range: A-59
Salary: Steps 1 - 6: $3,659 - $4,670 Monthly
Shift Differential: Shift differential eligibility based on the current collective bargaining agreement.
Open Date: 10/29/2021
Initial Screening Date: 11/23/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PT) on the listed Initial Screening Date are assured consideration.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online, unless otherwise noted, at Mt.SAC Employment Website to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed resume that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. If applicable, College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
5. Optional - Three letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation). Confidential letters of recommendation are not allowed for this position.
Health & Welfare:
The College contributes an annual premium up to the family coverage amount for Kaiser Permanente $15 office visit medical, DeltaCare HMO dental, VSP vision and life insurance plans. Lifetime retirement benefits provided for eligible retirees.
The District participates in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS), State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) retirement programs, and National Benefit Services.
*Note: Salary and Health & Welfare Benefits are subject to change.
Under general supervision, performs specialized work in enrolling and registering students; provides information and assistance to students and visitors regarding registration, student records, and admissions.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED & EXERCISED:
Receives general supervision from assigned supervisory or management personnel. Exercises no supervision of staff.
This is a journey-level class that performs the full range of registration support services, including student registration, monitoring attendance and maintaining and updating the College's student database system. Incumbents at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the work unit. This class is distinguished from other clerical and administrative support classes in that it is responsible for performing specialized work in the enrollment and registration of students and maintaining and updating student records.
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities:
1. Performs registration support services to support departmental operations, including enrolling and registering students and creating and updating student databases; monitors waiting lists; notifies students of cancelled classes and various other registration updates; answers questions from and provides support services to students and visitors regarding registration, admissions, and student records policies and procedures of the College.
2. Audits and monitors attendance; ensures weekly attendance posting is completed accurately by instructors; runs missing attendance reports and contacts instructors as needed.
3. Assists students with placement tests, including preparing testing materials and sign-in sheets, providing information to counselors to proctor tests, and updating student database systems.
4. Compiles information and data for various reports; checks and ensures accuracy of the data.
5. Maintains and updates departmental record systems and specialized databases; enters and updates information; retrieves information from systems and specialized databases as required.
6. Maintains accurate and detailed spreadsheets, files, and records, verifies accuracy of information, researches discrepancies, and records information.
7. Verifies and reviews forms and reports for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures; applies departmental and program policies and procedures in determining completeness of applications, records, and files.
8. Prepares, copies, collates, and distributes a variety of documents; ensures proper filing of copies in departmental or central files.
9. Screens calls, visitors, and incoming mail; assists students and visitors and directs to appropriate locations and/or staff; responds to complaints and requests for information; assists in interpreting and applying regulations, policies, procedures, systems, rules, and precedents in response to inquiries and complaints.
10. Composes, types, formats, and proofreads a variety of routine letters, reports, marketing materials, and documents.
11. Participates on committees, task forces, and specialist assignments, including, but not limited to Screening and Selection Committees and affiliated trainings. Prepares and delivers oral presentations related to assigned areas if needed.
12. Learns and applies emerging technologies and, as necessary, to perform duties in an efficient, organized, and timely manner.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Student registration rules, processes, and procedures of a community college.
2. Interpret, apply, and explain the registration rules and procedures of the College.
3. Applicable federal, state, local, and College policies, codes, regulations, technical processes, and procedures related to the function to which assigned.
4. Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications, including word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications.
5. Record keeping principles and procedures.
6. Principles, practices, and techniques of effectively dealing with the public and basic public relations.
7. Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, students, and College staff, including individuals of various ages, disabilities, various socio-economic, and ethnic groups.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Interpret, apply, explain, and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and College policies, procedures, and regulations.
2. Respond to and effectively prioritize multiple phone calls and other requests for service.
3. Compose and prepare basic reports, correspondence, and other written materials independently or from brief instructions.
4. Make accurate mathematical and basic statistical computations.
5. Enter and retrieve data from a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy to perform assigned work.
6. Establish and maintain a variety of filing, record keeping, and tracking systems.
7. Organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
8. Operate modern office equipment including computer equipment and specialized software applications programs.
9. Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
10. Depending on assignment, may be required to speak a designated second language.
11. Understand scope of authority in making independent decisions.
12. Review situations accurately and determine appropriate course of action using judgment according to established policies and procedures.
13. Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Minimum Qualifications/Education & Experience:
Equivalent to the completion of twelfth (12th) grade and two (2) years of general office administrative experience.
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications is listed in the Minimum Qualifications section.
License(s) & Other Requirements:
Incumbents work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Incumbents may interact with upset staff, students, and/or the public in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. This is primarily a sedentary office classification although standing and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Incumbents in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Incumbents must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 20 pounds.
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: Mt. SAC Annual Security Report.
The person holding this position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the Colleges Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Typing Certificate Requirements:
A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT include photographs or any personal information (e.g. D.O.B, place of birth, etc.) on your application or supporting documents.
TRAVEL POLICY : Costs associated with travel in excess of 150 miles one way from residence for the purpose of an interview will be reimbursed up to a $500 maximum (per position recruitment). Relocation costs will be borne by the successful candidate. Travel reimbursement claims must be submitted no later than 30 days following the interview date.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline. Accredited evaluation agencies can be found on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services Website.
1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399.
Phone: (909) 274-4225
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The start date will be following Board approval and receipt of live scan clearance.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be guaranteed consideration, it is the applicants responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at Mt. SAC Employment Website to complete and submit your application for this position.
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio Colleges Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).
Cancel RTF Policy:
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay, or cancel filling this position. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.
To apply, visit https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/postings/8664
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-3846b479d8df6945aa7bdc83eea12fb6