The role of Director of the Division of Medical Student Wellness in the Department of Psychiatry is focused entirely on the psychiatric and psychological well-being of medical students. The Director oversees all departmental activities devoted to medical student mental health, develops new programs, conducts outcome assessments of therapeutic initiatives, teaches residents and faculty, and develops research in the area of mental health care of medical students.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
* Provide psychiatric care to Jacobs School medical students
* Oversee psychiatric care for students by other psychiatrists
* Recruit psychotherapists, particularly therapists from minority communities, who are skilled at providing psychotherapy for students from URM populations
* Coordinate pharmacologic and psychotherapeutic care of Jacobs School medical students
* Collect outcome data and modify the program accordingly
* Conduct research into optimal models of integrated mental health care for medical students
* Teach residents and faculty about specific issues and techniques in medical student mental health treatment
* Coordinate student mental health services with services to faculty and staff provided by the Department’s “COVID warmline”
* Continue and coordinate with the medical student program assigned clinical and teaching assignments, including
* Direct the psychiatric consultation/liaison service at Oishei Children’s Hospital
* Teach child psychiatry to general psychiatry residents and child psychiatry fellows
* Medical student teaching is minimized to avoid potential conflicts of interest in treating medical students
* Provide clinical care and participate in research with patients with developmental disabilities and pediatric psychiatric disorders
Salary Range: $52,842 - $60,000
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.