The office of Business and Entrepreneur Partnerships (BEP) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and detail-oriented, Grant Administrator. The incumbent will manage pre and post-award activities for various sponsored awards falling under BEP, including the UB Center for Advanced Technology in Big Data and Health Sciences (UB CAT) and the Buffalo Institute for Genomics & Data Analytics (BIG) .The UB CAT is a NYSTAR-supported technology commercialization program while the UB BIG is an Empire State Development Corporation (ESDC) grant to support jobs creation in WNY and grow expertise in genomic medicine and big data.
Business & Entrepreneur Partnership (BEP), which falls under the Vice President for Research and Economic Development, connects industry partners with UB faculty for research and development support. BEP runs several key economic development initiatives and programs, such as the Center for Advanced Technology in Big Data and Health Sciences (UB CAT), START-UP NY, the Buffalo Institute for Genomics & Data Analytics (BIG), New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics & Life Sciences (CBLS), and the New York State Center of Excellence in Materials Informatics (CMI).
Key responsibilities include:
Outstanding Benefits Package
- A lead role in pre and post award activities for the UB CAT and UB BIG awards, planning and implementing the budget for the UB CAT and UB BIG awards, as well as related grants. This includes planning and implementing project budgets and involves a wide variety of collaborations with UB Faculty and external sponsors.
- Providing guidance in the development of budgets for administrative and project-based spending during both grant proposal development and post-award administration. This involves advising faculty and external stakeholders on budget development and project-based spending.
- Managing allocations and eligibility of expenses which requires a hands-on role in all levels of procurement and human resources management.
- Managing reporting and compliance timelines throughout the lifecycle of the grant or contract.
- Assisting with special projects and unit initiatives, as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, execute and manage budgets for UB CAT and UB BIG as well as related grants administration and project-based accounts.
- Coordinate with CAT/CBLS/BEP related units teams, UB’s office of Sponsored Projects Services, UB Faculty, and partnering companies to formulate contracts and budgets.
- Actively manage purchases, personnel expenditures, and travel on UB CAT grants, and train and support staff who assist with such activities.
- Coordinate with UB IT staff on the maintenance and procurement of UB CAT IT supplies.
- Complete semi-annual report to sponsor and serve as point-of-contact to sponsor and UB’s Office
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/r…
The University at Buffalo is SUNY
’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status