Cashier, Accounting Department
Main Campus - Boston, MA
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace. Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience.
As a University committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Financial Reporting & Analysis, the Cashier is a customer focused accounting position serving the University's Students, Faculty, and Staff ensuring the accurate recording and deposit of all cash receipts of the institution.
- Responsible for recording all payments received by the University in our financial system and preparing the daily cash reporting and deposit with the bank. This role requires significant interaction with the Simmons community as they make payments or require assistance with other areas, as noted below;
- Process cash, check, credit card, ACH, lockbox and wire payments received from students, University departments and external sources;
- Process electronic payments, web check, ACH, Wire and credit card, daily through online merchant sites and University bank accounts;
- Ensure payments are accurately recorded to the proper student accounts or internal budget accounts;
- Prepare daily bank deposits for various bank accounts utilized by Simmons;
- Work with various departments to correct any errors or variances in a timely manner;
- Distribute petty cash payments to faculty and staff. Process all payments to the correct University budgets and sub-ledgers;
- Distribute payroll checks, student refund checks and monthly MBTA passes at the Cashier's window;
- Support departmental colleagues in the posting and uploading of journal entries into the University's financial system and reconciling accounts as needed;
- Compile audit support as needed for the year-end financial statement audit;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Application Materials:
- Associates degree required or commensurate relative professional experience;
- Prior experience using automated systems, spreadsheet applications, and word processing software required;
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively with various constituencies;
- Prior experience as a Cashier or Teller strongly preferred;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and problem solving skills.
This is a campus-based, 40 hour position with a schedule of Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the Application Materials box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Cashier--Accounting-Department_R07998
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.