The Continuing Professional Education team at NIU is focused on anyone who wants to advance in their current position or is ready to make a change to a new profession. NIU’s CPE makes it easy to acquire the skills needed to get ahead. All certificate and certification classes are taught by industry professionals, certified practitioners or NIU faculty members.
The CPE Sales Representative will sell existing and emerging courses to external clients.
The role of the CPE Sales Representative is to solicit and obtain contracts from businesses, organizations, and foundations in support of NIU’s Continuing Professional Education products. The sales consultant will be the primary connection between the client and CPE and will include duties such as creating presentations, answering client questions and managing purchasing.
Functional Summary: CPE Sales Representative is responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio that meets or exceeds CPE revenue goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Generation and Closing Contracts
- Client Management
- Research and Data Collection
- Collaboration across the University and OERD
Minimum Required Qualifications (Civil Service)
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, communications, public relations or a related field.
2. Two (2) years (24 months) to three (3) years (36 months) experience in B2B and B2C sales.
*Note Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year (12 months) of work experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
1. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
2. Knowledge of recruitment practices.
3. Knowledge of social media analytics, social media publishing tools, web analytics, and tracking technologies.
4. Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
5. Knowledge of media production, including social media platforms and efficiency of use, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, presentation software, spreadsheet software, video creation and editing software, web page creation and editing software, and analytical or scientific software.
7. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
8. Skill in producing live social media coverage.
9. Skill in verbal and written communication.
10. Skill in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
11. Skill in time management, organizing work assignments, and responding quickly and effectively to challenges.
12. Ability to develop and execute marketing, and strategic communications plans to effect outcomes.