This position serves as an Employee Records team member in the delivery of services related to the daily operations of employee records and retention programs. The position reports to the Coordinator, Employee Records.
The position will provide customer service and support by assisting in the data entry, data maintenance, auditing records, document scanning, and record retention activities to ensure compliance with federal, state, and university policy and procedures.
Essential functions include but not limited to:
1. Reviews, prepares, and inputs employee data for employee records into the human resources system of record while meeting established deadlines and ensuring compliance of university policies and procedures.
2. Reviews, approves and verifies the accuracy of electronic personnel action forms on employee action submissions to include ensuring proper supporting documentation.
3. Reviews, sorts, scans, and indexes documents into web-based document storage system Xtender for proper filing and retention.
4. Serves as a point of contact, provides guidance and support for record requests from employees and departments across campus.
5. Reviews Form I-9 records for accuracy of dates and supporting documents for new hires and reverification of statuses.