Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Close/Initial Review Date:
Initial Review Date: 6/30/2020*
*Any complete applications received after the review date will only be forwarded to the hiring committee at their request.
$4,277.05 (per month) plus benefits (swing shift differential of 4.5% per month will apply if assigned swing shift); Salary Grade:
Full Salary Range:
$4,277.05 - $5,719.90 (per month)
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the classified position above.
Foothill - De Anza Community College District Mission Statement:
The mission of the Foothill-De Anza Community College District is student success. We are driven by an equity agenda and guided by core values of excellence, inclusion, and sustainability. Every member of our district contributes to a dynamic learning environment that fosters student engagement, equal opportunity, and innovation in meeting the various educational and career goals of our diverse students. We are committed to providing an accessible, quality undergraduate education dedicated to developing a broadly educated and socially responsible community that supports an equitable and just future for California.
Members of the Foothill - De Anza College Police Department are committed to creating a safe and secure environment for students, faculty, staff and community members on campus. The department strives to provide the highest quality service to fulfill the needs of the college communities it serves.
The Police Dispatcher will receive, prioritize and respond to a variety of routine and emergency calls for service from phone calls, radio and in person requests. Dispatchers must be able to multitask and think quickly to determine the proper level and extent of response.
This position reports to the Police Records & Communications Supervisor.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, receive, prioritize and respond to routine and emergency incoming telephone and voice radio calls as it relates to campus police, fire and medical assistance; if an emergency call, secure information as to exact location. Perform clerical duties as assigned.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- On an assigned shift, receive incoming telephone, voice radio calls, including 911 calls, and transmit messages using telephone, radio, Computer Aided Dispatch system (CAD), or other equipment to dispatch appropriate unit/department.
- Request information as necessary related to wanted persons, stolen vehicles and property, vehicle registration.
- Record and concisely communicate descriptions of persons and property.
- Keep on-duty supervisor informed of the current situation and dispatch additional Officers when so advised.
- Maintain a variety of automated police records; access law enforcement database to perform data entry and queries.
- Handle dispatch related clerical duties.
- Perform fingerprinting duties as assigned.
- Answer inquiries, public complaints and provide information to the public via phone and at the front counter.
- Build and maintain positive relationship with co-workers, other District employees and students using principles of good customer service.
- Attend meetings as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of the policies, practices and procedures of law enforcement dispatching and regulations and security requirements concerning confidential information.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment. Utilization of a Computer Aided Dispatch system (CAD).
- Livescan Fingerprinting.
- General knowledge of police terminology and codes.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Hear normal speech and other audible events, other environmental noise. This includes hearing voices transmitted by radio and telephone.
- Speak clearly in English and to be understood by others, either directly, or through amplified, radio, or telephone transmission, under normal and stressful circumstances.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff, and the public.
- Prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Type 30 words per minute.
- Prepare clear and concise reports.
- Office environment.
- Constant interruptions
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard and assigned equipment.
- Seeing to read various materials.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling heavy objects up to 30 lbs.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Any combination equivalent to College-level coursework in law enforcement AND one (1) year experience with a public safety organization.
- Possess California POST Dispatcher Certificate or satisfactory completion of POST required dispatch training completed within six months of appointment.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application. Items not required (including reference letters) will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date. You may also visit our Applicant Information to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff. Additionally, you will be asked to explain how your life experiences, studies or work have influenced your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
Full-Time, Permanent, 12-months per year
As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. All interviewing costs incurred by applicant are the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
To apply, visit: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |