Stevens Institute of Technology offers an exciting opportunity for an Admissions Counselor in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. The position will participate fully in a wide range of admissions activities representing the university in all aspects of territory management.
Admission Counselor at Stevens Institute of Technology determines the admissibility of prospective students by the admissions standards and policies of the university. This highly visible role requires a self-motivated, vibrant person who can communicate with prospective students and interested parties to explain the college admission policies and procedures and accurately answer questions. This position requires travel to high schools and other forums to inform prospective students and school counselors of admission standards and policies, the programs of the university, and campus life.
The Admissions Counselor reports to the Director of Undergraduate Admissions.
The primary responsibilities are, but are not limited to:
- Represents Stevens Institute of Technology during virtual and in-person recruitment activities
- Manage assigned student recruitment territory which includes travel to off-campus regions, recruiting at high school visits and college fairs, interviewing, presentations and events coverage, counseling families, and interacting with school counselors
- Provide research, strategy, and analysis on regions of recruitment.
- Assist with all domestic recruitment and admissions activities both on and off-campus.
- Application file reading; manage assigned volume, recommending and making final admissions decisions
- Utilize the Slate CRM for communication, application, and territory management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
- High attention to customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills with diverse constituents
- Ability to work independently and within a team structure
- Flexibility to work on evenings and weekends to assist with on-campus and virtual events as well as recruiting duties off campus
- Strong written communication and public speaking skills
- One to three years of admissions experience or similar demonstrated undergraduate admissions background and industry knowledge
- Experience in Slate CRM
Undergraduate Admissions Recruitment
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.