PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans in collaboration with the Director of Student Services and other staff for the recruitment of well qualified students.
2. Implements retention strategies designed to retain nursing students and assess the results of these activities.
3. Maintains a retention database that tracks student’s progress.
4. Analyzes, report, and disseminate information to faculty and administration to support School of Nursing decision making.
5. Provides academic advising and assistance with course registration for pre-nursing.
6. Coordinates New Student Orientation activities.
7. Provides transcript evaluations for prospective transfer and second-degree students for all entry options.
8. Facilitates workshops and other success skills trainings for students.
9. Monitors in collaboration with the Director of Student Services, student academic progression in the nursing major.
10. Refers students to campus resources and services.
11. Performs other duties as assigned