Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. The Medical and Dental Billing team, along with other members of the Finance and Administration team, supports the financial management and administration of the dental school. This position reports directly to the Billing Manager and works closely with the clinic(s) it supports.
Clinic Business Operations (CBO) supports the clinical and education efforts within the Pre-doctoral, Postgraduate and Specialty clinical treatment areas of the School and is responsible for all patient care services billing for these clinics, as well as supporting IRB clinical study patients and maintaining CITI certification. The Postgraduate Clinics (residents) are the Specialty Clinics, which includes: Endodontics, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, Pedodontics and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
What You'll Do
The Insurance Coordinator is responsible for checking patient insurance eligibility, benefits, limitations and coverage obtaining and tracking prior authorizations and following up with insurances, patients and internal teams documents/updates accounts regarding coverage guidelines and limitations answers eligibility and benefit coverage inquiries communicates with healthcare providers and insurances to ensure required standards are met and compliant when applicable, makes recommendations for resolutions. This position's role and responsibilities are deadline driven requires accuracy and attention to detail. The Insurance Coordinator has a direct impact on the clinic's financial and billing outcomes success, playing an essential and key role in the Dental School's revenue cycle management.
The Insurance Coordinator also acts as a back-up to the teams it supports, assisting with answering phone calls and billing administrative tasks.
What We're Looking For
- High School degree/GED and 2 - 3 years of insurance benefits, eligibility and coverage experience.
- Must be customer service focused (internal and external), with excellent communication, attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of dental/medical insurances, insurance processes, billing/healthcare compliance and insurance guidelines, rules, regulations and requirements.
- Working knowledge of prior authorizations, insurance verification, including accurate and timely communication to internal team members and patients regarding eligibility, benefits and coverage.
- Requires expert attention to detail and experience coordinating benefits.
- Certified Dental Coder (CDC) applicant with 4 - 6 years of dental/medical insurance verification and/or financial coordination experience in a fast-paced dental/medical healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of Medicare regulations and guidelines, as well as commercial insurance.
- Expert knowledge axiUm software.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.