Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Senior Grant Specialist
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Senior Grant Specialist
Computer Science I
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Provides administrative and technical support to Learning Sciences and Technologies faculty seeking outside funding for research and other sponsored projects. Reviews, analyzes, and monitors budgets and spending activity on sponsored awards. Ensures compliance with federal, sponsor and program regulations, as well as WPI policy and provide service to the faculty for all requested to sponsored fund activity. Researches and interprets relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards, and oversees the processing of grants.
- Assist as project manager on several federally funded grants.
- Provide support to a wide range of end users with widely varying computer literacy skills in the ASSISTments system.
- Visit middle schools and serve as staff contact to teachers and administration as needed.
- Write math content and survey questions for teachers, parents and students.
- Assist PIs in all aspects of the grant including writing, editing, annual reports, final reports and outcomes.
- Work with the Office of Sponsored Programs to ensure proper documentation is submitted on grant projects in a timely manner.
- Maintain budget records and accounts. Reconcile budget and prepare/review expense reports.
- Prepare, process and maintain payroll documentation necessary for student project employees and new hires.
- Prepare and maintain expense reports and p-card charges for faculty PIs and any other grant personnel.
- Handle routine correspondence for faculty from funder's.
- Supervise team of work study students each academic year; process paperwork to hire and approve time on a bi-monthly basis. Track hours to avoid overages.
- Supports faculty in the planning, development and preparation of research proposals, contracts, subcontracts and agreements to include budgets, documentation and interpretation of funding requirements.
- Analyzes and evaluates grant budgets for correct calculation of expenditure categories such as salaries, percent of effort, salary adjustment increases, fringe benefits, indirect costs, materials and equipment.
- Assists faculty with the preparation of follow-up of IRB submissions.
- Support Computer Science faculty as needed.
- Reviews and monitors research funds against awarded budgets; reviews expenditure requests for available funding, allowability and compliance with agency guidelines and OMB.
- Manages effort reporting and certification process to ensure departmental compliance; advises and assits PIs in the effort certficiation process as needed.
- Serves as liaison between the LST director, faculty, OSP and SPA..
- Assists in the preparation of annual and other reports and invoices. Maintains proposal and grant records.
- Assists in communication with current and potential sponsors as well as collaborators and consultants.
- Prepares Professional Services Agreements as necessary for consultants paid from sponsored funds.
- Works as liaison between Subawardees and OSP to ensure contracts are signed and invoices are paid in a timely fashion.
- Manages purchases and coordinates travel in accordance with all applicable regulations and policies. Reviews and collects backup documents for p-card transactions on research awards. Sets up meetings and manages calendars.
- Communicates with district research boards for approval to conduct research studies and getting letters of support for future projects.
- Helps facilitate scheduling of studies and workshops with participating teachers and students.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
- Master's degree preferred, Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have experience with the ASSISTments project including all studies past and presently running.
- Must be highly organized, have effective time-management and organizational skills, ability to deal with multiple tasks, prioritize and follow-through.
- Ability to think critically, flexibly and analytically. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively using tact and discretion.
- Ability to build and promote a safe and collegial working environment and be committed to building and fostering collaboration with school districts and partners.
- Experience with submitting proposals through Grants.gov/Workspace and Fastlane.
- Experience with grant writing, compliance, accounting and reporting;
- Experience working in research conducted in K-12 classroom;
- Excellent Microsoft Office, Google Documents and computer skills required as well as familiarity with databases and accounting systems.
- Must have considerable experience with the ASSISTments system.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Senior-Grant-Specialist_R0000175
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |