Program Coordinator, Center for Educational Excellence
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution
, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition
and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens
and an earnest confrontation of humanitys urgent challenges
Reporting to the Director of the Center for Educational Excellence, the role of the Program Coordinator (PC) is to serve as the direct manager of the daily operations of USD's Center for Educational Excellence. This includes administrative management and compliance with the CEE Director in overseeing the goals for the center, leading the creation, development, coordination and execution of all excellence in teaching and research related programming, implementing on-campus outreach, student and administrative assistant guidance, and various campus responsibilities as it pertains to teaching excellence issues. The PC oversees the integrity of the CEE's website and the design, development, and distribution of marketing materials for print, social media, and e-publications. This role will also be responsible for on-campus partnership development and participation in various committee meetings to ensure a strong teaching excellence presence throughout all facets of the campus. Authorized to plan special events on campus and create educational programming. Works proactively, in conjunction with the CEE Director, to resolve potential academic excellence issues presented by faculty and staff, and occasionally students. Maintains records and produces reports for all center activities. Liaison with campus directors to collaborate and expand faculty and staff development services and offerings based on individual school, college, or division's needs as well as the university's organizational development needs. Coordinates the USD Just Read! Program and helps to manage teaching excellence and travel grant award applications. Manage the Center's budget and fiscal endeavors. Works directly with the CEE Director as it relates to academic excellence growth at the university. Receives supervision from the Director of the Center for Educational Excellence. This position supervises the Administrative Assistant and Student Workers.
Coordinate Event Planning of Workshops, Events, and Grants/Awards. Duties include:
- Collaborating with CEE Director and Associate Director in identifying needs for faculty and organizational development, and the administration thereof.
- Independently managing all event logistics to support intended program outcomes, including the recruiting of subject matter experts, as well as identifying and administering the proper marketing strategies to target audiences o Examples include USD Just Read!, Inclusive Education Series, and FFF Series
- Correspond with collaborators to plan and market events as requested or needed by the Director and the Associate Director.
- Assist with coordinating the faculty travel grant program by preparing communications about proposal guidelines and facilitating the disbursement of awards
- Assist with coordinating other CEE awards, including announcements, submissions, reviewers, and recognition of winners
Provide Leadership for the Center. Responsibilities include:
- Work with the Director in developing assessment plans and determining needs and interests for future CEE projects.
- Oversees the CEE's program review, including evaluation of all programming, generating reports for program assessment and strategic planning purposes
- Prepares annual/year end reports and recognition materials.
Marketing and Website. Responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of marketing strategy that increases the visibility of the CEE and increases participation at CEE events
- Manages online presence and faculty development resources, including website, social media, and Blackboard Organization
- Prepares campus bulk mailings and program marketing efforts, integrating Salesforce and MyPostings into CEE marketing and outreach
Student and Administrative Assistant (AA) Management. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for recruiting student assistants for Fall and Spring semesters as well as over Summer and Intersession breaks.
- Oversees AA and all student assistants/interns.
- Responsible for developing duties and responsibilities for AA and student assistants.
Office Administration and Other CEE Responsibilities Include:
- Oversees daily operations of office
- Oversees monthly expense reports
- Responsible for researching various grant opportunities to support programs and projects at USD and in the community, and responsible for submission of and participation in grant writing.
- Oversees correspondence with community about various academic excellence issues, responding to feedback, questions, and suggestions appropriately
- Management of space issues in office
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum 4 years or more of expertise in faculty and instructional development or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years administrative experience, including university administration, project management, supervision or related
- Demonstrated skills in budget management, leadership and planning. Proven ability to effectively interface with a wide range of constituencies.
- Experience with staff supervision
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent programming
- Demonstrated skills with website design and maintenance, social media communications, and online marketing campaigns and tools
- Familiarity with mission driven organizations
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Adobe Cloud (Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign) or related design software, and Cascade Server or other web content management software
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Masters degree preferred
- Experience in various academic excellence issues regarding programming, education, and supervision of projects and events
- Excellent communication skills. Strong oral and written command of the English language including grammar, spelling, punctuation, formats, proofreading and syntax.
- Strong computer skills, with proven ability to work with MS Office Suite, image editing software, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Web and graphic design skills
- Ability to use Salesforce to create e-mail marketing materials
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the initiative and ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Excellent conflict resolution, decision-making, and implementation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional personal presentation ability.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to initiate, coordinate, oversee, and complete various projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assume responsibility, problem-solve, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Excellent human relations skills and the ability to work with various university constituents; communicate with clarity; and maintain an attitude that conveys respect, cooperation, honesty, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate others.
- Excellent skills in the use of specific equipment and tools as identified below.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement
: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
$20.70-$23.29 per hour; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume
to your application profile for the hiring managers review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
37.5 hours per week; Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Flexibility and willingness to work early mornings and evenings as needed.
Open Until Filled
: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
To apply, visit http://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/492569/program-coordinator-center-for-educational-excellence