Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Full-Time Cook/Cashier, Snack Bar
Full-Time Cook/Cashier, Snack Bar
Starting salary range of $25,749 - $28,324 is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, A13. Salary is commensurate with commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for opening and closing the grill and ensuring that all end of day cleaning processes are performed.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat, etc.).
- Cook food with various utensils or grillers.
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages.
- Report to Food Service Manager.
- Keep information confidential concerning school business.
- Act in a professional manner at all times.
- Account for daily point of sale activity.
- Compile reports for auditing purposes.
- Follow the meal charge policy.
- Assist in preparation of menu items and prepare cafeteria service area as directed by Food Services Manager.
- Responsible for knowing and following the safety rules and proper procedures associated with the responsibilities of the job as provided by the Food Service Manager.
- Follow proper personal hygiene procedures that are necessary for the safe and sanitary handling of food.
- Follow sanitation and health regulations.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Proven experience as a cook
- Food Handlers Certificate
- Experience using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (i.e., grilling, baking, boiling, etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to operate computer/point of sale equipment
- Must be able to reconcile accounting reports
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, and/or push objects or loads of more than fifty (50) pounds
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and sporting events as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work
. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/5953
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |