Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Part-Time Cashier, Snack Bar
Part-Time Cashier, Snack Bar
$10.77 per hour
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for providing assistance in the food service program by accounting for meals and revenues.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up work station, cash register, and point of sale system.
- Take customers' orders, monitor the order, and ensure their prompt delivery.
- Process credit card and debit card transactions.
- Take money from customers and provide correct change.
- Follow the meal charge policy.
- Help package food in boxes and bags as necessary.
- Listen to and help resolve customer complaints, suggestions, and inquiries.
- Keep counter and dining area neat and clean.
- Sweep and mop the floor as needed.
- Restock napkins, straws, lids, and other supplies in the dining area.
- Assist manager with counting and maintaining inventory of supplies and goods.
- Assist in preparation of menu items and prepare cafeteria service area as directed by manager.
- Act with integrity, honesty, and professionalism that promotes the culture, values, and mission of Lee College.
- Organize and stock food items as necessary.
- Follow all safety rules and proper procedures including sanitation and health regulations.
- Follow proper personal hygiene procedures that are necessary for the safe and sanitary handling of food.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Scheduled hours are not to exceed 19.5 hours a week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Ability to operate computer/point of sale equipment
- Must be able to work with a variety of people from varying backgrounds
- Must be able to reconcile accounting reports
- Must be able to lift, carry, pull, and/or push objects or loads of more than fifty (50) pounds
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and sporting events as required
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/7079
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |