Position Title: Assistant Softball Coach Department: Athletics Department
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University becoming "One Tuskegee", the ideal Assistant Softball Coach will possess the willingness to use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in promoting and administering a Division II softball program
· Assist with coaching in practice and game situations
· Work to ensure academic success and timely graduation of student-athletes
· Assist in preparing softball schedule
· Prepare travel arrangements
· Assist in developing a weight-training/conditioning regimen
· Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics
· Bachelor’s degree
· Relevant coaching or playing experience; Experience as an assistant coach at the collegiate level
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong leadership abilities
· Computer and organizational skills
Commensurate with education, training and experience
Additional Position Information:
Does this position require weekend and after work hours’ job responsibilities? Yes
Does this position require travel? Yes
Is this position funded through restricted outside funding? No
If this is a temporary position, what is the end date of the position? No
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a background check.