The Award Manager (AM), reporting directly to the Director of Research Administration for the unit, has primary responsibility for collaborating with Principal Investigators (PIs) to ensure the smooth award management and oversight of a diverse funding portfolio. The incumbent will manage sponsored award portfolios for the college/school’s PIs with responsibilities including post-award management, with emphasis on financial reconciliation, budget planning and projections, and timely processing of all post-award activity, including salary changes and appointments.
The AM will be the first point of contact for all the PI’s post-award needs and will collaborate with unit post-award colleagues to ensure the smooth processing of activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Award planning including initial kick off meeting for all related parties.
- Formulate financial projections and revise award budgets as necessary.
- Analyze expenses and projected spending, to maximize use of available funds and ensure compliance with sponsor and university requirements and policies.
- Meet specific reporting guidelines and requirements outlined by external sponsors, including report format and content expectations.
- Create reports and conduct productive meetings with faculty members to review their research portfolios effectively.
- Periodically review the effectiveness of the reporting process and meeting structure, making adjustments as necessary to improve efficiency and communication.
- Serve as the liaison between PIs and various administrative units across UB, including central Office of Sponsored Projects.
- Foster a supportive environment, advocating for and helping as needed to ensure faculty members achieve their funding goals and overcome challenges.
- Work with PI to identify all HR & procurement transactions.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability status.