Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.
Posting Title Administrative Specialist
Job Location Denton
Full Time/Part Time Full-Time
Salary Information Salary Commensurate With Experience
The Department of Housing and Residence Life at the University of North Texas is a growing organization which serves nearly 6,300 students in 15 residence halls. Our department is organized into the following areas: housing operations, residence life, and financial administration. UNT Housing contributes to the mission of the university by promoting safe and inclusive living environments, fostering student connections and campus engagement, and providing diverse learning opportunities.
Provide leadership of student employees in providing services to residential population. Involves the direction of assigned staff, coordination of assigned projects, and execution of departmental objectives.
Associate’s degree and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.