Status: Full Time
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University becoming "One Tuskegee", the ideal Budget Financial Analyst will possess the willingness to use their expertise in transforming Tuskegee into a leading 21st century living and learning environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Provides comprehensive and complex analytical support to Academic and Administrative Senior Leadership to identify problem areas and identify opportunities for business process improvements, conduct financial and budgetary analysis, resolving any anomalies and use established statistical methods to determine data sources and appropriate methods to create and interpret reports, as well as policy and business practice changes. This position will serve as a key member of the Budget and Planning team in developing the University consolidated Budget as well as ad-hoc and special projects as assigned.
- Gathers and analyzes budgetary data for modeling, projecting, forecasting, and planning; develops and prepares unique and intricate reports; analyzes tuition and fee data for revenue modeling; review and consolidate all salary improvement program implementations to ensure compliance with policies and bargaining agreements; resolvesresolvceted, complex budgetary issues; and other special projects.
- Evaluating budget requests, monitoring budget-to-actual results, and reviewing year-end results; also work collaboratively on critical strategic financial questions that require thoughtful problem solving and analytical capability.
- Assists in the annual operating budget process by preparing, analyzing, and maintaining budget systems.
- Provides direction and assistance to the academic and administrative units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and at least 5 years of financial management/analytical experience.
- Microsoft Excel or Access, including experience in creating financial models and analyses, with demonstrable fluency in vlookup, conditional formatting, pivot tables, and pivot reporting.
* Effectiveness in written and oral communications, collaboration, and problem solving.
- Willingness to invest time in further enhancing of spreadsheet modeling and design capabilities.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
Applications are available at the following link:
Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints. Application packets with missing information will be considered incomplete and will not be processed.
Human Resources Department
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of
employment. Must be able to pass a background check.