Facilities Campus Operations at The University at Buffalo is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Plant Utilities Assistant. Plant Utilities Assistants perform various tasks in a safe and efficient manner in operating stationary steam or high temperature hot water boilers rated at 15 pounds per square inch or more.
Key responsibilities include:
* Maintain and repair boilers, pumps, other power plant auxiliary equipment, and electrical and mechanical stationary equipment
* Respond to calls concerning mechanical, electrical or plumbing breakdowns to troubleshoot the problem, make necessary repairs or advise the appropriate authority regarding the problem.
* Check mechanical rooms for correct operation of mechanical equipment.
* Operate and test water softeners and boiler water for correct limits.
* Take readings on meters and gauges to ensure proper operation.
* Check air compressors, blow down and add oil as needed.
* May supervise Plant Utilities Helpers as required.
* Experienced incumbents may be assigned a limited number of activities requiring the full performance level skills of a Plant Utilities Engineer 1.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our http://www.buffalo.edu/administrative-services/for-faculty-staff/benefits/state/csea.htmlbenefit packages.
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the http://buffalo.edu/University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.