Group X Instructor (Aqua Aerobics, Zumba/Cardio Dance, BARRE FIT, Pilates, HIIT, KickBoxing, Cycle and Yogalates) (4128U) 1732... - 1732
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 7, 2019
Are you enthusiastic, love fitness, and want to engage with the UC Berkeley community to deliver health and wellness? If so, we would love for you to apply to join our Group Exercise family! We are currently seeking instructors in Aqua Aerobics, Zumba/Cardio Dance, BARRE FIT, Pilates, Yoga, HIIT, KickBoxing, Cycle and Yogalates.
UC Berkeley's Recreational Sports Department is dedicated to enhancing the knowledge, wellness, fitness, personal skills and quality of life for students, faculty, staff and the community. Our Group Exercise (Group X) program offers over 100 classes each week featuring yoga, cardio kickboxing, circuit training, studio cycling, yoga, Tai Chi, plus many more. These group exercise classes and workouts are offered to Cal Rec Club members and are designed to include all fitness levels and modes of cardiovascular, muscular and flexibility conditioning training. Learn more at recsports.berkeley.edu
- Provides advanced or specialized activity instruction to program participants, individually or in groups.
- Maintains a safe and supportive environment for program participants and facilitate involvement. Enforces departmental policies and procedures.
- Interacts with recreational program participants in a positive and professional manner.
- Computer Usage: Tracks client progress and personal administrative records (time keeping, internal communications, client records, etc).
- Keeps current on teaching methods, techniques and skills through continuing education. Participates in required professional development activities.
- Previous experience with instruction of fitness programs. Aqua Aerobics, Zumba/Cardio Dance, BARRE FIT, Pilates, HIIT, KickBoxing, Cycle and Yogalates preferred.
- Client service minded entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking.
- Strong verbal and written communication in the English language, active listening, dynamic flexibility, critical thinking, multi-task and time management skills.
- Program management, sound judgment and decision-making; develop original ideas, creative problem solving skills in a varied and challenging environment.
- Must be able to work effectively, across all organization levels, internally and externally.
- Basic Computer Knowledge.
- Knowledge of campus policies and procedures.
- Current certification with one of the following organizations: NASM, ACSM, NSCA or ACE for Strength Training Classes or current certification within your field of practice
- Adult First Aid/CPR/AED
Salary & Benefits
We provide competitive compensation, flexible schedules and a friendly work environment to hundreds of Rec Sports staff and Cal students every year.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Appointment: 1-year contract with opportunity for renewal
Questions? Contact Danielle Johnson, Group X Coordinator at email@example.com
This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter required to report the observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, or elders to designated law enforcement or social service agencies. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon completion of signed statements acknowledging the responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1732&PostingSeq=1