Coordinates and performs human resources services for a campus in are areas of recruitment, equal employment opportunity, diversity, employee status transactions and HRIS, employee communications, and monitoring of worker's compensation.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Human Resources Recruitment Coordinator for recruiting and EEO is a senior-level technical contributor within the human resources career path. The Human Resources Coordinator is a campus-based position with subject matter specialization in equal employment opportunity (EEO) and recruiting along with 'generalist' knowledge in a full range of human resources programs, services and subjects. The HR Coordinator will also demonstrate the ability to participate and assist with programs having District-wide span, such as in, recruitment, job analysis studies, staffing, worker's compensation, and employee communications. Advancement potential exists to a District-level recruitment coordinator or other subject matter specialist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
* Coordinates and facilitates recruiting processes at the campus and participates in interview and selection committees at this and the district level. Once a position is approved, initiates internal and external recruiting activities.
* Works with hiring managers to refine job announcements, establish the prescreening and interview criteria, refine job announcements/descriptions, and activate the search, application, and hiring processes.
* Provides employment and general information about the College and District to prospective job applicants. Responds to inquiries of persons interested in employment, compiling and forwarding special information (e.g., brochures, maps, access details).
* Participates in special and targeted recruitment processes to locate and attract specific subject skills or demographics. Consults with and advises hiring managers and interview panels on EEO and related diversity compliance for these processes.
* Sets up job candidate testing (as needed), prescreen, and interview panels. Prepares panel packets that include candidate information and interview questions. Selects and recommends test content. Ensures that eligibility lists for jobs are up-to-date.
* Analyzes applicant prescreening results and makes initial recommendations based on qualifications and suitability for employment within District requirements and stated qualifications. Refers complex or sensitive outcomes to the Director.
* Meets with new and transferring employees to facilitate orientations and complete new hire information needed to activate the employee in HRIS and payroll. Works with District specialists to verify compensation and benefits arrangements.
* Serves as the campus representative and point-of-contact on matters relating to diversity, equal employment opportunity, access, and accommodations. Conducts periodic in-service education on regulations, policies, and District best practices for these items.
* Maintains a time system of personnel records including control and storage of documents and files, conversion of files to support computer-aided retrieval, and day-to-day record maintenance.
* Oversees and participates in setup of computerized employee files that include determination of pay and benefit levels. Transmits information to payroll for processing.
* Participates in, reviews and prepares reports of staffing, employee hours and attendance, and the College's internal assessments of HR program elements such as, employee use of paid leaves, worker's compensation, insurer/employee issues, and other benefits.
* Participates in job analysis and classification processes. Initiates data gathering, reviews descriptions and departmental proposals, and conducts work site visits to understand other factors such as working conditions, tools and equipment used.
* Prepares draft position descriptions and recommendations for salary grade assignment subject to review by the District's Compensation staff.
* Participates in a variety of College and District-wide programs and projects as a representative of the department and campus.
* Interprets policies and procedures on behalf of the department. Assists at the District-level with policy development and researching prevailing and emerging practice and trends.
* Maintains up-to-date libraries of District, College, and HR information, descriptions, pay tables, and documents describing quality of work life and employee centered services.
* Participates in outreach activities such as College and job fairs.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.