Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Facility Maintenance Technician
Facility Maintenance Technician
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: FY2300107
Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
Division: Finance & Administration
Starting Salary Range is $29,806 -$33,536. The initial salary offer is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Under the guidance and direction of the Executive Director and Director, the Facilities Maintenance Technician will assist all craft personnel with routine and preventative maintenance repairs on all college buildings, mechanical equipment, utility systems, and grounds work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist craft personnel:
- Assist Carpenter with constructing various assignments and performing various duties on campus like building out spaces, installing doors and trim, pouring concrete, etc.
- Perform painting on carpentry, pipe, finished walls, etc. and tape and float walls, etc.
- Assist Plumber and other trades as requested.
- Assist Auto Mechanic (e.g., gas vehicles, wash vehicles, etc.)
- Change filters.
- Perform other general maintenance work as required.
- Mow and trim lawn (e.g., weed eating, stick edging, and blowing sidewalks).
- Clear parking lots of trash.
- Handle weed control.
- Fertilize lawn, trees, and shrubs.
- Apply various pesticides and herbicides, as appropriate.
- Plant flowers, shrubs, and trees.
- Perform minor maintenance on mowers, edgers, and trimmers.
- Maintain underground irrigation system.
- Install and landscape on new projects.
- Prepare plants for special events.
- Trim and cut down trees.
- Transport equipment and material as required.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist moving crew and the other craftsman as needed.
- Power wash buildings and windows as needed.
- Maintain pool and fountain as needed.
- Clean pool vacuum cleaner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Five (5) years of related work experience
- Ability to utilize a weed eater, blower, mowers, chainsaw, pale saw, edger, and trimmer
- Ability to utilize backhoe, front end loader, man lift, and other grounds equipment
- Must be familiar with and work within industry safety requirements for tools, equipment, and use of personal protective equipment
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and/or carry loads of eighty (80) pounds for fifty (50) feet or more on a frequent basis
- Must be able to work from ladders, boom trucks, or man lift
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, squat, bend, stoop, twist, walk, grasp/squeeze for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, wet, and/or cold conditions as warranted
- Able to work individually and/or in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Must be customer focused; continually improving on customer service
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/3694066/facility-maintenance-technician
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |