Academic Advisor I
Serve as frontline contact for undergraduate students for developmental academic advising to drive engagement and empower students to achieve their academic and career goals. Build formative relationships with students by interpreting information concerning course descriptions, program requirements, prerequisites, and registration procedures. Play vital role in maximizing undergraduate students' persistence to graduation.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Assist in resolution of individual academic problems
- Participate in New Student Orientation: make presentations; advise and register students for classes; resolve issues and evaluate courses
- Review and perform preliminary evaluation of transcript and provides early advisement to transfer students
- Process change of major request - includes counseling student on major, course requirements, follow-up to ensure assignment of advisor, major change in Banner
- Counsel student and assist with developing academic schedule and makes referrals to services offered on-campus
- Provide support to faculty mentors
- Create advising materials and checklist in consultation with departments and colleges
- Assist with data collection, data entry, analyses and creation of statistical reports
- Assist with contacting students to schedule appointments; and provide notification of meetings and special events
- Audit student degree and academic program records in Banner
- Advise students on options to satisfy degree requirements; program changes; and resolution of academic problems
- Represent center and college at meetings, open houses and recruitment events
- Develop and maintain student files and records
- Monitor student academic progress
- Refer students to campus resources
- Support students in establishment of academic and career goals; and identify challenges that may negatively impact student success
- Comply with and enforce student privacy regulations such as FERPA
- Assist with advisement and registration at orientation
- May participate with Advisor II and III on special projects or tasks as assigned/approved by supervisor
- Provide current and prospective students with in-depth information regarding course descriptions, prerequisites, program requirements and registration procedures
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- One or more years of related work experience
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Demonstrated ability to utilize advisor resources at a basic level as required
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, including Microsoft Office, e-mail and Google
- Understanding of campus resources available to students
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student successUnderstanding of advisement theory and practices
Apply Before Date
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
August 12, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Travel required
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- May be required to drive University vehicles
Standard and Education
3900103180 CBSS Advisement Ctr
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=219807&PostingSeq=1