The department of Financial Management within Business Services at the University at Buffalo is seeking a Sr. Staff Assistant. In this role your main responsibilities will include the following.
- Coordinate with Resource Planning and units to implement the Internal Financial Plan
- Research and resolve financial plan reconciling items
- Review and approve State budget revisions
- Process mass unit budget revisions and troubleshoot data issues
- Coordinate with SUNY, Human Resources, and IT to research and resolve data issues and undistributed charges
- Lead the annual process to roll forward unexpended balances
- Monitor and reconcile allocation received from SUNY
- Authorize banking transactions
- Establish rehab accounts and security
- Prepare rehab reporting and analysis
- Provide back up for chart of accounts and payroll journals
- Serve as financial unit liaison
- Assist with special projects, ad hoc requests and seek out process improvement opportunities
- Maintain and update procedures as necessary
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence and making a positive impact on the world. UB amplifies ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed. Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who are valued for their talents and their impact on global society. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or other equivalent field.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, specifically Excel.
- Accounting degree, CPA certification or advanced degree in above fields.
- Experience in preparing financial statements and variance analysis.