Program Assistant V Pre-Licensure Programs
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Program Assistant V - Pre-Licensure Programs
Provide administrative support to nursing program while assisting Department Chairs needs. Carries out duties and responsibilities with limited supervision. This person's knowledge of academic affairs, complex departmental and divisional academic functions, and students' services enables the department to serve students, faculty and external contacts more effectively.
The University of San Francisco strives to promote safe, affirming, and inclusive communities for all students, faculty, and staff to learn and work together in alignment with the University's mission. These communities are enriched by the presence of people of different abilities, ages, colors, creeds, cultures, races, ethnicities, family models, gender identities, gender expressions, health statuses, nationalities, political views, religious, spiritual, and philosophical beliefs, sexual orientations, socioeconomic statuses, educational backgrounds and veteran statuses.
We welcome, expect, and encourage the continued pursuit of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to build a more inclusive community which celebrates diversity and works toward justice.
Full Job Description:
30% Program Support
This person will work with Program Teams to provide administrative support for those programs, assist with the recruitment, admission, and clearance of students, assist in managing program academics, such as scheduling courses, ordering books, processing evaluations, and work with other USF colleges in the scheduling courses, and establish linkages.
30% Department Support
This person will assist in managing the business of the department including assisting with department meetings and minutes and departmental events, assist with faculty orientation, assisting with advising and monitoring overall patterns of students' progression, communicating the students and department faculty as directed, and assist in the review of course evaluations and facilitating recommended changes.
30% Faculty Support
Provide routine support to faculty as needed, such as room reservations, copy/printing orders, work orders, and catering orders.
10% General Administrative Support
Provide occasional support, answering calls and processing requests. Provide back-up support to peer program assistants as needed. Perform other duties as assigned. Test proctoring will be required at variable times.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Assist in processing enrollment of students in nursing and health professions programs.
- Attending planning meetings to coordinate overall progress of students in programs on main campus and at regional campuses with carious clinical partners.
- Prepare and edit reports, proposals, catalog copy, meeting minutes, manuals, and other routine correspondence related to the programs.
- Provide information to university and agency staff on the programs, assist in orienting preceptors and clinical faculty.
- Assist in designing outcome measures and gathering data for evaluation of program outcomes.
- Communicate progress and outcomes of the programs to communities of interest.
- Complete necessary paperwork for BRN RN licensure and AACN and ANCC certification for graduates.
- Provides students with information, orientation, and preparation for licensure and certifying exams.
- Maintain a filing system for programs memos, documents, and reports.
- Assist with maintenance of the program budget and variance analysis.
- Handle confidential, sensitive materials, correspondence and issues relating to School of Nursing and Health Professions programs.
- Compose and prepare correspondence answering routine requests and inquires.
- Plan/Staff events for department.
- Protector and monitor tests as needed by department schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post high school education preferred
- Training or experience equivalent to five (5) years of increasingly responsible work experience in a senior support role or related education.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Precise knowledge of office and university policy and procedures, comfort and experience with university systems.
- Knowledge of Banner student software is a plus.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, planning, program-solving and interpretive skills to analyze situations, define problems, identify concerns, develop and propose solutions.
- Ability to work with variety of constituencies and explain complex rule-based systems with a high degree of service of compassion.
- Appreciate of student privacy and understanding of FERPA regulations.
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Program-Assistant-V---Pre-Licensure-Programs_R0002189.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.