Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Contract Manager & Procurement Buyer
Contract Manager & Procurement Buyer
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: FY2300112
Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
Division: Finance & Administration
Starting salary range is $50,648 - $58,241.
The Contract Manager & Procurement Buyer is responsible for managing contracts and insurance policies to ensure appropriate review, revision, and timely renewal. Assist with the evaluation and adoption of software and equipment to increase efficiency. Oversee travel policies for employees and students, and manage travel requests and reimbursement. Assist and advise in proper (state) purchasing procedures, process requests for goods and services, assess bids and other proposals and work with other departments as necessary to complete the procurement process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a repository of current contracts and insurance policies.
- Analyze contracts to identify areas of future negotiation and/or modification.
- Ensure the timely renewal of contracts.
- Manage insurance policies and have them analyzed by consultants and use the results of the analysis to inform Insurance coverage.
- Manage Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Quotations (RFQs) to ensure proper processes are followed and appropriately documented.
- Negotiate contracts for providing the best quality, discounts, terms, and warranties.
- Develop and write bid specifications, terms, and conditions.
- Tabulate results of competitive bids and quotes.
- Review purchase recommendations to make valid procurement decisions in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Oversee the policies that govern travel for both students and employees and make recommendations to increase the institutional value of approved travel.
- Manage requests for travel to ensure the process is followed and appropriately documented.
- Maintain current knowledge of new tools, practices, and technologies in higher education procurement.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential new systems, and make recommendations for their adoption to increase efficiency.
- Consult with and interviews suppliers to obtain prices and specifications.
- Manages purchasing transmittal workflow to ensure timely handling to meet the needs of the college cost.
- Manage public works projects, serving as a liaison with the facilities team to ensure contractors are fulfilling all obligations and that work is carried out according to approved contracts, specifications, and schedules. Completing progress inspections of construction sites and subcontractors.
- Maintain knowledge of state and federal purchasing regulations.
- Review and recommend changes to the internal and external department web pages.
- Develop and provide training to college employees for the preparation of RFPs and RFQs.
- Develop and provide training to college employees and student groups for the preparation of travel requests.
- Advise staff and faculty members in determining needs and best purchasing procedure.
- Support other departments as necessary to complete the procurement process.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree and at least two (2) years of related work experience; or 6 years of related work experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in PeopleSoft and Purchasing Card system preferred
- Purchasing Certification preferred (CTP, CTPM, etc.)
- Skilled at multi-tasking in a deadline-oriented environment with various employees and constituents
- Must have high personal integrity, honesty, accountability as well as a high standard of excellence, accuracy, and consistency
- Ability to work nights, weekends as necessary
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/3689088/contract-manager-procurement-buyer
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |