Sr. Skilled Maintenance Worker (Reg FT)
Sr. Skilled Maintenance Worker (Reg FT)
Physical Plant Admin
: Allegheny Campus
The successful applicant for this position will be required to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment medical examination and performance evaluation.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
REPOSTING Monday - Friday; 7:00 am - 3:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
SEIU G - $22.04
Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Performs skilled maintenance and repair duties which include painting, electrical, plumbing, air conditioning and carpentry.
Must be able to properly handle equipment, materials and supplies in accordance with safety rules and regulations. Error could result in material damage and waste, financial loss and physical harm.
Education and Experience:
Requires completion of an apprentice or vocational school training in painting, electricity, plumbing, air conditioning or carpentry.
Must possess a current air conditioning, mechanics or electricians license. A valid Pennsylvania driver?s license is required.
Must be able to operate a variety of complex equipment in an area of specialization which requires accuracy and specialized skill.
Physical Requirements, If Applicable:
Involves daily exposure to dirt, grease and electrical wires in both indoor and outdoor settings. Frequently requires physical exertion to reach, bend and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to move, lift, carry and push heavy objects.
1. Performs a variety of skilled maintenance work, with specialization in one or more of the following areas: Painting: Paints walls, woodwork, fixtures, mixes paints for proper color and consistency and applies paint with sprayer and brush. Prepares surfaces for painting, cleans area, removes dirt and old paint and putties holes and cracks. Electricity: Plans, installs, maintains, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on electrical and related equipment, including lighting, power, control, sound, television and signaling systems. Relamps, changes ballasts and troubleshoots and repairs lighting systems. Checks and adjusts time switches. Plumbing: Plans, installs, repairs, and performs preventative maintenance on water, steam, gas or other types of plumbing and pipe fittings. Measures, cuts, welds, assembles and attaches pipe. Air Conditioning: Troubleshoots and repairs fan coil units. Adjusts and replaces pneumatic controls. Prepares cooling tower for start up. Carpentry: Plans and constructs woodwork.
2. Develops, reads and corrects drawings pertaining to area of specialization.
3. Conducts chemical and other diagnostic tests and records results.
4. Picks up and delivers supplies and materials to perform grounds keeping and related duties.
5. Performs general housekeeping and maintenance duties and other related duties as required or assigned.
Secondary Duties (If applicable):Occasionally trains temporary, part-time or newly hired employees.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=498&site=3