Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Tufts Transportation and Parking Services provides Tufts University with a comprehensive set of transportation, parking, and fleet services. Our customers include Tufts’ staff, faculty, and students, as well as visitors, special event attendees, and members of our local community. Our team is led by the Associate Director of Transportation, who is supported by a Parking and Fleet Manager and a Transportation Demand Management Coordinator.
The core services provided by this office are:
- Manage and operate Tufts’ parking facilities which include over 3,000 parking spaces across multiple campuses.
- Manage the sale and distribution of parking permits for all Tufts community members as well as visitors.
- Set policy related to parking usage and enforce that policy with Parking Enforcement Officers and technology-based enforcement tools.
- Manage parking needs for special events.
- Manage the use, registration, and maintenance of Tufts 100+ fleet vehicles as well as the procurement of new vehicles.
- Assist Tufts community members with vehicle rentals and specialty vehicle and fleet requests.
- Oversee Tufts’ shuttle operations, including the Davis Square Shuttle and the SMFA Shuttle.
- Manage a variety of subsidized rideshare programs through a partnership with a leading rideshare provider.
- Manage, market, and communicate Tufts’ other transportation benefits, including discounted BlueBikes memberships and the commuter benefits card.
What You'll Do
The Parking and Fleet Manager will report directly to the Associate Director of Transportation and work collaboratively with the Transportation Demand Management Coordinator and transportation service providers and vendors to manage and administer key components of the daily operations of Tufts’ parking and fleet programs.
- The Parking and Fleet Manager will coordinate the parking enforcement staff, assign them tasks, and monitor their performance.
- The Parking and Fleet Manager will coordinate with key staff from other departments regarding special events and manage event setup and operations as they pertain to parking.
- The Parking and Fleet Manager will also respond to customer service requests related to parking and fleet programs.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through High school education and 6 plus years of experience related to office management, parking operations, and/or fleet management
- 2 plus years of experience managing staff
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Excellent communication and customer service skills via email and phone
- Self-directed and autonomous, but not afraid to ask questions when necessary
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Must have the ability to stand or walk for periods of up to two hours
- Must have the ability to lift items up to thirty pounds
- A Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for up to four years’ experience related to office management, parking operations, and/or fleet management
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Typical hours for this position will be 35 hours per week to be performed Monday through Friday
- The Manager will be expected to report to the Transportation and Parking Services Office in person at least four days per week
- Remote work may be possible up to one day per week
- The Manager may be expected to work some evenings or weekends in preparation for special events such as Commencement, Move-In, etc
Minimum $57,900.00, Midpoint $72,450.00, Maximum $87,000.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |