Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Cloud Data Engineer
Utah Valley University
Cloud Data Engineer
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Who are we
Education is at an inflection point. Universities are quickly evolving and new technologies are reshaping the education experience. We are Utah Valley University the largest student enrollment among public universities in the state, with approximately 41,000 students. We are one of a growing number of institutions in the nation offering an integrated dual-mission model that combines the rigor and richness of a first-rate teaching university with the openness and vocational programs of a community college.
Great people make great teams and we are looking for a great Cloud Data Engineer to join our Digital Transformation (Dx) division. Our approach to managing projects is disciplined and quality-focused with an emphasis on creativity, craftsmanship and commitment. We are looking for smart, quality-minded individuals who want to be a part of a high functioning, dynamic team. We believe in treating people fairly and your total compensation should reflect that. Bring your passion for Data Engineering and help us disrupt ourselves as we build the next generation technologies, services and platforms. Now is the right time to join UVU!
What you'll be doing
The Cloud Data Engineer will lead out in the BI Platform team's efforts to migrate from and on-prem reporting environment to an Azure cloud based platform. This work is foundational to the growing needs of the institution to handle the volume, variety and velocity of data sources, systems and information delivery needs across campus. We are at the beginning of building something awesome and we need your expertise, experience, and guidance to ensure we build it right.
This position works collaboratively will all members of the UVU community to create, design, deploy and support data models that support customers dialogue with the data. This position creates value for the institution by blending a variety of data from various sources (structured and non-structured) and implementing the next generation solutions in advanced analytics. Successful candidates in this position will need to work in and create on-prem and cloud-based products and solutions transparent to the consumer. UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
- Graduation from an accredited institution with bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field OR any combination of education and experience totaling 7 year(s).
- 3+ years experience with ETL/Data Warehousing processes.
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop or HDINsight, Hive, Pig, Python, Sparks.
- Experience with a MicroServices Architecture and API Development Strategy.
- Able to work, focus and be productive in a virtual, remote and on-prem environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ETL Best practices in a blended on-prem/cloud hybrid environment.
- Knowledge of data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Knowledge of Microservices Architecture and API Strategy development.
- Knowledge of data privacy practices and laws.
- Knowledge of PaaS infrastructure.
- Knowledge of data processing frameworks and databases (Oracle, TSQL, SQL, Azure SQL Database, Azure Synapse).
- Experience with a team-oriented, collaborative environment with limited supervision.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Skilled at agile project management.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Strong aptitude and willingness to learn and master new technologies.
- Skills with technical documentation.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with structured and unstructured data from a variety of data stores, such as data lakes, relational database management systems, and/or data warehouses.
- Ability to manage competing priorities with limited direct management.
- Ability to organize and plan effectively in a maturing agile environment.
- Ability to provide excellent written and verbal communication with strong personal skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
- Ability to problem solve critical issues and also be proficient at troubleshooting production issues.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- 2+ years experience with cloud based data warehouses.
Work is performed in a normal office environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: DOQ
Advertisement Number: STA83721
Open Date: 11/23/2021
Review Start Date: 12/13/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/25729
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |