Tufts University School of Dental Medicine (TUSDM) offers one of the most forward-looking educational environments in dental medicine in the country. Since its founding in 1868, TUSDM has been committed to leadership in education, patient care, research, and community service. Students obtain an interdisciplinary education, integrated with medicine, with access to training in dental specialties. Clinics managed at TUSDM provide quality comprehensive care to more than 20,000 individuals annually. Nationally and internationally, the school promotes health and educational programs and researches new procedures, materials, and technologies to improve oral health.
What You'll Do
Under minimal supervision, the Administrative Coordinator provides advanced administrative support and communications for the department. S/he will handle complex and confidential situations and requests and serve in a highly visible capacity as resource for department with students, staff, faculty and other constituents. S/he will oversee daily operation of office, evaluating workflow and productivity and providing direction and guidance to office staff. Produces and drafts reports and other complex documents and materials, including proofreading and editing, designing layout and graphics for brochures and presentations. Coordinates department budget to include monitoring, tracking expenditures, troubleshooting problems and preparing reports. Will also gather data, conduct research and draft reports, summaries or material for presentation. S/he will plan and coordinate meetings and special events, including contacting speakers, designing promotional material and coordinating support for speakers and presenters. May also coordinate programs and/or projects for department.
What We're Looking For
- High school diploma/GED and 5+ years of administrative experience OR a bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including word processing, editing and graphics functions, spreadsheet and database knowledge.
- In addition, bookkeeping or basic accounting knowledge and excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Individual must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to handle the high volume of patients and students that come through the office.
- Experience in a health care setting