This position is responsible for assisting in the overall administration of a residential area or a residential academic support program. General responsibilities include:
- Assist with the supervision, training and evaluation of paraprofessional staff.
- In conjunction with other staff members, assist in the development, execution and assessment of residential education initiatives and building programming.
- Advise residence hall or village council.
- Assist with student conduct and crisis intervention.
- Work with others in the maintenance and operations units.
- Serve as a resource and referral agent for students in the areas of counseling and conflict management.
- Attendance and involvement in ongoing training, committees and staff meetings.
Campus Living, a unit within the Division of Student Life, serves to provide the best residential living experience for students at the University at Buffalo. Campus Living offers quality, affordable and desirable campus housing in support of the university’s mission.
The University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Bachelor’s degree and previous residence life/student affairs experience required.
Must be familiar with residence hall or university apartment living and the challenges of a live-in position.
Excellent administrative and communications skills are required.
Candidates must have demonstrated skill(s) in the area of community development and have the ability to assist a diverse student population in developing a positive community.
Based on the need to respond to crisis situations and serve on a duty rotation, travel within the campus and between the campuses is required. Candidates will need to demonstrated how the transportation needs of the job will be met.
The preferred candidate will have been a Resident Advisor and/or student leader.
Salary Range $18,551
Campus All Campuses
Special Instructions Summary
Please attach any optional documents which you feel may enhance your candidacy as "Optional Additional Document".
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact’s Name Kerri Bigler
Contact’s Title Administrative Assistant
Contact’s Email email@example.com
Contact’s Phone 716-645-5617