Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Talent Acquisition Associate (7747U), People & Culture 24084
University of California, Berkeley
Talent Acquisition Associate (7747U), People & Culture 24084
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
People & Culture is valued as UC Berkeley's proactive people partner focusing on the following key priority areas:
- One HR: Bringing clarity and efficiency to HR processes and structures through cross- team collaboration and transparent communication.
- People: Using development opportunities beyond training to create deeper engagement, higher trust and better performance.
- Culture: Applying Berkeley brand to developing a shared enterprise contributor mindset among all.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: September 28, 2021
Recruitment and Employment Coordination
- Under general supervision, provides tools and training necessary to support a decentralized employment process. Coordinate recruitment logistics such as: interviews, background materials, notifications, follow-up on action items, etc. Use applicant tracking system to maintain and enter data, search and compile report and metric information.
- Participates in employment advertising campaigns and programs.
- Applies professional employment and staffing techniques and concepts. Applies campus policies and procedures in addressing and resolving moderately complex staffing needs.
- Works in a collaborative manner with HR team and assigned business units on matters pertaining to staffing needs. Recommend and implement procedural changes for internal recruitment processes.
- Direct and provide information in a professional manner via phone, in person, and online to employees, managers, campus units, and others regarding: general recruitment information, specific recruitment inquiries from employees, managers or other entities, etc. Maintains confidentially of information.
- Participate in staff meetings and represents unit in departmental planning committees. Communicate with recruitment team on workload, ability to meet deadlines, system functionality, etc. Works in a highly collaborative manner with others across the organization, external contacts of significance, and members of campus management.
- Maintains and coordinates employment processes and procedures, including: pre-employment background checks. Prioritizes work assignments, conducts analysis and helps develop resulting recommendations.
- Prepare, format, and analyze reports and data compiled from various systems. Utilize information to monitor and identify trends for: recruitment trends, etc. Create, proofread, edit, update, and ensure timely distribution of: various documents, correspondence, manuals, etc. Ensure above materials are in proper business formats, accurate, grammatically correct, and handled confidentially, as required.
- Manage data entry into Applicant Tracking System with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively summarize information, develop reports, create information documents.
- Demonstrates analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to maintain consistency through documentation.
- Detail oriented, accurate, and able to handle competing deadlines and multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to establish priorities and work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing priorities, following plans and completing goals/objectives in a timely manner.
- Has abilities associated with problem identification; reasoning; ability to work with business units in the development ideas to solve staffing issues.
- Knowledge of employment and recruitment laws, policies, and procedures; knowledge of functional area and understands how work may impact other areas and/ or the ability to learn.
- Knowledge of the recruitment, screening, and interviewing processes, human resources procedures, processes, and forms.
- Good knowledge of related software. Must demonstrate ability to learn University systems. Demonstrated skill to create search related materials and appropriate business documents using said software.
- Demonstrated record keeping and file management skills to organize, accurately document, and retrieve data in a variety of formats.
- Ability to exercise integrity and discretion in all matters and to protect confidential information.
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time career position with access to full UC benefits. Remote / Telecommuting options (needing to be available in person for occasional mandatory meetings and department needs) are negotiable for this position.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=24084&PostingSeq=1
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |