UB is embarking on the largest campaign in its history. The Assistant Director of Alumni Communications will join a team focused on engaging arts and sciences alumni and donors in a professional and collaborative environment.
With 28 departments, 16 academic programs, and 23 centers and institutes, the College of Arts and Sciences (the College) offers more academic options than any other unit on campus. Students have the resources of a major research institution – such as cutting-edge facilities and faculty at the forefront of their fields – combined with the support of a small university setting where individual student needs are recognized and respected.
The Assistant Director of Alumni Communications works in collaboration with the College of Arts and Sciences Communications and Marketing Office to promote the mission and impact of the College. The Assistant Director will support the alumni engagement and fundraising activities of the College by planning and executing communication strategies and materials designed to effectively inform alumni, donors and prospective donors of the programs and activities of the College.
Salary: $45,000 – $55,000
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of marketing communications experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated success in implementing an effective comprehensive communications strategy.
- An understanding of social media and effective strategies to increase engagement with followers.
- Superior writing and editing skills, including the ability to develop persuasive communications content.
- Ability to interface with alumni, donors, and friends when required for interviews, story development, and general communications content.
- Experience in working with and managing outside vendors, including writers and editors, designers, photographers and printers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- An understanding of and experience with alumni engagement/fundraising marketing communications strategies and tactics.
- Expertise in social media strategy and content management.
- An understanding of the web environment for marketing purposes is strongly preferred.
Contact’s Name Judy Mackey
Contact’s Title Associate Director of Human Resources
Contact’s Email email@example.com
Contact’s Phone 716-645-1526