Campus Living invites applications for the Trades Generalist position. In this role, your contributions will support the proper functionality and maintenance of Campus Living's equipment, facilities, and machinery.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and install electrical systems and equipment.
* Perform preventative maintenance on various HVAC equipment and regulate operating systems for buildings and individual room heat controls.
* Troubleshoot problems with both the fire alarm system and the card access system for a large university complex
* Perform a variety of installation and construction tasks in the mechanical, building, motor equipment and electrical trades
* Plan and layout construction, repair and maintenance projects
* May lead/supervise other staff members
At https://www.buffalo.edu/campusliving.htmlCampus Living, we are a community that welcomes and celebrates every student, staff and guest with all of their diverse identities, beliefs and ways of thinking. Our team recognizes the advantages diverse perspectives and backgrounds bring to the workplace. We are particularly interested in candidates who share this value and will work to achieve the university’s goals of inclusive excellence.
About Campus Living
Campus Living, a unit within the division of Student Life, serves to provide the best residential living experience for students at the University at Buffalo. Campus Living offers quality, affordable and desirable campus housing in support of the university’s mission. Campus Living is comprised of 13 residence halls and five apartment complexes accommodating 8,000 residents on the North and South Campuses. Approximately 5,800 students reside in the residence halls and 2,200 students reside in the apartment complexes. Campus Living is comprised of 210 professional and classified staff with a total operating budget of $70m.
The university seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Buffalo, to maintain the excellence of the university and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.