Under the general leadership of the University at Buffalo’s Associate Vice President for Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving, the Engagement Assistant will be responsible for supporting the overall alumni engagement strategy of the university. Responsibilities will focus on engaging UB graduates and other key constituencies (i.e., parents, friends, community stakeholders, etc.) in an effort to connect them more closely with the university. Engagement strategies include in-person events, virtual events, lifelong learning, volunteer opportunities, affinity programming and alumni career services. The Engagement Assistant will directly support these engagement initiatives and assist the alumni engagement staff directing these programs.
UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence and making a positive impact on the world. Home to more than 31,000 students, the university is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most exceptional and most affordable universities, making it a top choice for students and faculty around the globe. Here, students and faculty work side by side, seeking knowledge that leads to new cures, improved processes, stronger materials, faster computers, smarter software, smaller machines and thousands of other innovations. Building strong connections with our 280,000+ alumni and donors worldwide is critical to fueling UB’s future, which includes the aspiration to be situated in the Top 25 of American public universities. Through the $1 billion Boldly Buffalo campaign, the Division of University Advancement is leading that charge by helping foster a new UB environment that broadens opportunities for alumni engagement, capitalizes on positive student experiences and builds philanthropic support.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and to achieve operational goals.
· Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
· Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a wide array of individuals on projects and programs.
· Solid, general knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and data systems experience.
· Ability to work nights, weekends and travel periodically, as needed and requested.