The Fletcher School is the United States’ first professional graduate school of international affairs. Since 1933 Fletcher’s multi-disciplinary education in international relations, law, and business, has prepared the world’s leaders to become innovative problem-solvers in government, private sector, and non-governmental organizations. The Fletcher School seeks to fulfill its mission in the most environmentally sensible way possible.
The Office of Student Affairs is a busy and demanding department and serves as a central resource and support for Fletcher students’ wellbeing. The Office of Student Affairs is responsible for the student experience at Fletcher with special emphasis on enhancing the total student (academic and co-curricular) experience at the School in order to provide an optimal environment for learning and professional development. A rich, supportive co-curricular student experience is central to the School’s mission. The office partners closely with colleagues across the school and university (e.g., the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid, the Registrar’s Office, Ginn Library, the Office of Career Services, Finance and Administration, Office of Equal Opportunity, Health Services, Counseling & Mental Health Services) on a variety of related programs and initiatives.
What You'll Do
Under general supervision, the Program Coordinator provides advanced administrative support and coordination for the Office of Student Affairs. Utilizing knowledge and skills with varied office system applications, produces a variety of documents, reports and proposals. Responds to inquiries and provides detailed information to constituents. The Program Coordinator provides advanced administrative support to the Office of Student Affairs. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Processing financial transactions for student organizations and the Office of Student Affairs
- Serving as students’ first point of contact in the Office of Student Affairs; handling phones, emails, and walk-in traffic
- Managing event logistics for student organizations, Office of Student Affairs events, and Fletcher’s new student Orientation
- Website maintenance and updates
- General administrative support for the Office of Student Affairs
- Student housing support – coordination and logistics
- Liaising with Health Service
- Support special projects/ programmatic needs as assigned
What We're Looking For
- Associate's Degree
- 3-5 years' experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite and an ability to learn new technology
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- Good judgment and discretion with confidential data
- A bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of professional experience in a large non-profit, government, or professional services environment
- Experience working with post-secondary student populations
- Demonstrated experience with diverse student populations and commitment to inclusiveness
- Event planning experience
- Advanced writing, editing and proofreading skills
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Requires occasional evening and weekend work.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.