Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Coordinator LGBTQ Student Center
Utah Valley University
Coordinator LGBTQ Student Center
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Coordinates, organizes, and implements research-based and culturally-informed student services focused on increasing student success, retention, and success towards graduation. Emphasis is placed on practices supporting students of the LGBTQIA+ community. UVU offers an excellent benefits package that includes a generous leave policy, 13 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents, and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Bachelors degree from an accredited institution is required, plus two years experience related to the job description.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates significant understanding of outreach and retention practices for LGBTQIA+ populations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advising, retention, and completion strategies for LGBTQIA+ students.
- Knowledge of planning, developing, and managing identity-based student programs and events.
- Knowledge of student development and student engagement, involvement, coaching, and advising best practices.
- Demonstrates cultural competency of supporting and advising LGBTQIA+ individuals.
- Demonstrates significant understanding of LGBTQIA+ identities within higher education contexts.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and presenting training programs and/or workshops for employees and students.
- Demonstrated skill in supervising and providing direction to staff, student employees, and volunteers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to support students navigating crisis and conflict.
- Skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Skills in navigating conflict resolution and mediation situations among students.
- Must possess strong skills in facilitating dialogues about diversity, inclusion, equity, and LGBTQIA+ issues.
- Excellent project management, organization, time-management, prioritization, and planning.
- Small and large group presentation.
- Ability to provide one-on-one support and resources for students that include but are not limited to: dealing with identity development, coping with campus climate concerns, struggling with academic demands, etc.
- Ability to work successfully with a diverse student body and staff possess a strong commitment to creating an inclusive environment for staff and students, the delivery of programs that support the diversity objective of the campus community and the development of cultural competency skills.
- Ability to work with broad range of internal and external stakeholders to build affinity with UVU and department mission.
- Ability to communicate clearly and productively with students, colleagues, and community members.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively regarding departments mission and programs.
Experience providing student services which support retention, persistence, and
completion for underrepresented populations.
Rarely | Climbing, ascending or descending from a ladder, stairs scaffolding, etc.
Occasionally | Bending or stooping; bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist or by bending leg/spine.
Occasionally | Twisting; tuning the upper body while maintaining a stationary at lower body position.
Occasionally | Kneeling; bending at the knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Rarely | Crawling; moving about on hands and knees or hand and feet.
Occasionally | Reaching; extending hand(s) and arm(s) overhead, lower or horizontally of the body.
Occasionally | Standing; particularly for extending periods of time.
Occasionally | Sitting; particularly for extending periods of time.
Occasionally | Walking; moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Excludes walking to/from work area or cafeteria, etc.
Occasionally | Vision ability; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Rarely | Fine Hand Manipulation; fingering, picking pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand.
Rarely | Pushing/Pulling; using upper extremities to press against something with a steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward or to exert force in order to draw, haul, or tug objects in a sustained motion.
Occasionally | Grasping; applying pressure to an object with the finger or palm.
Occasionally | Talking; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must be convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
Consistently | Hearing; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking level with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound.
Consistently | Seeing; required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and reports; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive inspection involving small defects, small parts, operations of machines (including inspection) or to make general observations facilities or structure (i.e. security guard, inspectors, etc.); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distance close to eye.
Occasionally | Lifting; raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. 10 - 25 pounds
UVU offers an excellent benefits package that includes a generous leave policy, 13 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents, and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $39,064-$48,831
Advertisement Number: STA175722
Open Date: 09/19/2022
Review Start Date: 10/05/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant:
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/30779
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicants qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |