Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University provides 24-hour care for pets 365 days of the year. We offer high quality medical care, consultation, referral, and emergency veterinary services for the care of dogs, cats and exotic pets. In addition, the hospital creates a positive learning experience for Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University students and student technicians about small animal medicine and surgery.
What You'll Do
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University invites applications for a Client Service Liaison in the Foster Hospital for Small Animals.
While primarily focused in all aspects of Client Services, this position will work closely with the front desk and clinical service areas to provide high quality service to external and internal customers. The Client Service Liaison will have a unique role in client experience, scheduling appointments, facilitating communication with referring veterinarians, providing patient updates, and assisting general information callers.
This position will have the primary role of:
- Ensuring clients are treated with care and empathy, and to act as the client’s advocate before and after their visit to the hospital.
- Coordinate day-to-day administrative functions, as this person will be a centralized point of contact for clients.
- Email new client documents and confirm appointments
- Ensure that the entire patient medical history (primary DVM records, all diagnostics, client history, and estimates) is complete and accessible to all members of the health care team for that patient,
- Ensure rabies vaccination status is documented.
- Manage section clinical schedule
- Develop and update clinical section manuals including writing SOPs, recommend and implement operations improvement initiatives, communicate policy changes, and update to all stakeholders
- Work in partnership with other client service liaisons and hospital services to develop communication pathways to improve client experience and engagement
- Participate in creating a positive culture that is collaborative and focused on creating a caring environment for clients and team members.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of common veterinary medical conditions and have excellent communication and organizational skills. Specific allocation of responsibilities may change depending upon the needs of the hospital.
What We're Looking For
- Required qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of customer service experience in a veterinary or medical office
- Exceptional communication skills (both in person and by telephone)
- Ability to remain calm and gather information in emergency situations and display empathy to client.
- Ability to follow emergency protocols including taking action, notifying appropriate authorities, clinical and administrative leadership and security.
- Ability to document and record accurately the events as they happened.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities within a busy clinical setting.
- Ability to effectively work as a positive member of a diverse team of clinical and administrative professionals.
- Computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly learn the electronic medical record system.
- Experience working as Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Assistant
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study.
- 3 -5 years of customer service experience, in veterinary or human medicine.
- Knowledge of medical/veterinary terminology.
Minimum $18.35, Midpoint $21.43, Maximum $24.50
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.