Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Administrative Assistant VI
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Administrative Assistant VI
Mechanical Engineering Office Operations
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Perform a wide range of administrative duties for the ME graduate and undergraduate programs within the MME Department.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Hire undergraduate students and approve timesheets in Workday. Track hours and provide reports.
- Work closely with the ME Program Graduate Committee. Utilize Workday and various other systems to track the department's graduate student population and provide routine information and ad hoc reports. Assign and complete hiring paperwork for Research Assistants, Teaching Assistants, and Graders for the department. Schedule PhD Qualifying exams.
- Order desk copies of textbooks for faculty and Teaching Assistants.
- Manage Department Head's outlook calendar, schedule zoom meetings, assist with IT and office equipment. Process invoices and expense reports using Workday. Update directories and spreadsheets as necessary.
- Utilize SchoolDude to submit work orders to Facilities for keys/access to labs and offices, and other issues that need Facilities attention.
- Plan or assist with the planning of departmental events such as: PhD Luncheons, Pi Day Luncheon, Town Hall meetings, faculty meetings with prospective students, job fairs for FWS students, Project Presentation Day, etc. Order ME T-Shirts and gifts as needed.
- Assist new faculty members with office set-up (furniture, keys, phones, supplies, business cards, etc.)
- Utilize 25 Live to reserve and approve reservations for conference rooms in Higgins Labs, and to make room reservations outside of Higgins Labs for departmental events.
- Process paperwork and request campus access for visiting international students.
- Provide back-up coverage for other administrative assistants and the operations manager.
- Assist students, faculty, staff, and visitors with information about the MME Department and maintain a liaison with other WPI departments.
- Assist the operations manager and faculty with the preparation and electronic storage of ABET materials for the ME program. Next accreditation is scheduled in 2026.
- Other duties as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent. At least 5 years secretarial and/or administrative experience.
- Excellent communication and computer skills are required. Proficiency using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and have the ability and willingness to learn new computer skills and adapt to changing job requirements
- High level of judgment and confidentiality, and the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
WPI requires employees to be fully-vaccinated (including a booster shot) for COVID-19. For additional information on WPI's response to COVID-19, refer to https://www.wpi.edu/we-are-wpi
United States of America (Non-Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Administrative-Assistant-VI_R0001849-1
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |