Head Swim Coach-WVU Beckley 11465
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses, is seeking a self-motivated and driven Head Swim Coach for the new WVU Beckley campus. This position will report to the WVU Tech Director of Athletics.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coaching and managing all aspects associated with a collegiate swim program.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Manage all aspects of a NAIA Division I Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Program.
- Prepare NAIA, institutional scholarship award forms and submit signed contracts for scholarships.
- Evaluate talent in current and prospective student-athletes.
- Organize and conduct a strength conditioning program.
- Coordinate team meetings, athletic study halls for Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving athletes, strength and conditioning work outs, etc.
- Monitor the academic progress, retention rates and graduation rates.
- Recruit quality student athletes that meet the criteria established by the Athletic Administration.
Length of Assignment: 10 months
Date of Appointment: August 1, 2019
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately
Please apply at: https://hr.wvutech.edu/employment_opportunities
WVU Tech is a regional division of the West Virginia University system and is located in Beckley, West Virginia. It boasts a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 17 students, allowing personalized attention in a supportive environment. WVU Tech is ranked first in the state for return on investment, and seventh in the nation in annual ROI for students paying in-state tuition. The campus is near state and national parks and numerous recreational opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Swimming coaching experience (high school or collegiate preferred) – 1 yr
- Aquatics facility experience – 1 yr
- Conducting camps/clinics – 1 yr
- Recruiting experience – 1 yr
- Ability to work collaboratively and positively with administration, athletic department staff, faculty, students and the Director of Athletics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Valid driver’s license required to transport student-athletes.
- American Red Cross (ARC) or comparable certification for CPR/AED, first aid, WSI, lifeguard certification and lifeguard instructor
- American Swim Coaches Association Level 2 or Level 3 preferred
About WVU At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.