We are seeking a candidate for Office Assistant 2 who can provide friendly, courteous, professional and informed responses to parking and mobility inquiries from our university community and the general public. Customer service is a vital role in Parking and Transportation Services.
Key responsibilities expected of this candidate include:
- Prompt and courteous in-person and telephone responses to parking and mobility inquiries, referring clients to a supervisor when deemed appropriate
- Receive, screen and verify documents pertinent to “First-Step” review of submitted appeals for parking violations. Review appeals in a timely manner, utilizing and applying campus parking rules and regulations in the decision-making process. A sound understanding of the physical layout of the campuses is required
- Payroll processing of department timesheets for employees without access to online time and attendance
- Clerical support to the department including tracking of departmental expenses; processing general invoices and inter-departmental invoices (IDIs)
- Daily closeouts, cash and credit card reconciliations and preparation of deposits
- Additional duties in support of the department may be assigned
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website
to learn about our benefit packages.About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.