Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
006-Office of University Communication and Marketing
The Business Coordinator will provide financial and administrative support to the Director of Finance and Operations in the Department of University Communications and Marketing. The Business Coordinator, in support of the Director of Finance and Operations, will manage the daily aspects of the department's accounts payable and purchasing functions as well as ensuring that contracts are executed and monitored. On a monthly basis, the Business Coordinator will assist in the generation of internal departmental financial management reports. This is a part-time, 12-month position.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides high-level financial and administrative support to the Director of Finance and Operations. This position will monitor and manage all functions of Accounts Payable to include processing of purchase orders through the NovaBuy system and all invoices within Concur and ensure proper allocation to the proper division (index). The Business Coordinator will be responsible for verifying all charges on invoices, reconciling to the purchase orders(if applicable), processing change orders, and ensuring compliance with the University Procurement policy and procedures. The Business Coordinator will manage all vendors inquiries regarding purchasing, billing discrepancies and payment inquiries. Manage the encumbrances in Banner to include, at least quarterly, purchase order balance reconciliations, and update accordingly by processing changes, researching differences and close out of purchase orders as required.
- Support the Director of Finance and Operations, in the creation and maintenance of all departmental contracts. Ensure that contracts are current and fully executed.
- Facilitate the monthly production (utilizing Banner and Cognos reports) of divisional excel budget variance reports and schedule the monthly budget meetings with the Divisional Directors.
- Cross train with the Operations and Administrative Coordinator to learn the Performance Management System / Job Posting Portal.
- Perform additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
- Bachelors degree in business administration, accounting or finance required; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- The individual selected must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word. Strong knowledge of the procurement process and systems. Banner and accounts payable software experience is strongly preferred. The individual must have proven ability to create spreadsheets and knowledge of administrative, financial and operational procedures required.
- The individual selected must have three (3) or more years of experience in a financial and administrative role, with exposure to accounting work in a Procurement Department/Accounts Payable office, preferably in an academic environment.
- The individual selected must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills and be a team player. Must be a flexible, upbeat, energetic self-starter who enjoys collaboration with a wide variety of constituencies. Must have the ability to work independently under general supervision with exceptional attention to detail. Must have a proven ability to consistently maintain a high level of discretion and professionalism. The individual must have a deep commitment to the well-being of the University, a commitment to the Universitys Catholic Augustinian heritage, the advancement of its mission, and to serving the needs of a diverse community.
- Must be proficient with 10-key calculator, computers and copy/print/fax machines.
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information:
Commensurate with experience.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/15414
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |