The University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
is seeking applicants for a part-time Patient Manager
who is detail oriented, effective with multi-tasking and time management, and willing to learn new skills.
The Patient Manager will have the following major responsibilities:
- Manage / Schedule patients for 36-38 students (each patient family has 9-25 patients). Schedule next appt (as determined by faculty & assigned student).
- Maintain and understand faculty clinic coverage.
- Coordinate schedule changes with students, DA’s, rotation directors & group directors.
- Review patient families & schedule patients as appropriate (so patients aren’t waiting 30 days between appts).
- Verify payments before appts are scheduled, especially for crowns, dentures, implants, root canals. Obtain financial approval of private pay treatment options.
- Recommend discharge / NATC patients when patient is non-compliant with UB protocols.
- Assign screening patients to students for screening rotation. CPE Scheduling.
- Attend scheduled meetings 4-5 times each semester.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Work hours from 22.50 - 30 hours per week.
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
May work evening clinic hours occasionally.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UBF comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit - all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our UBF benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.