Located in the new Joyce Cummings Center The Computer Science faculty work across research areas of: Computational and Systems Biology, Cognitive Science, HCI, Networking, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning and Data Science, Programming Languages, Robotics and Human-Robot Interactions, Analytics, and Visualization. In addition to partnerships with industries, we have collaborations with Tufts School of Medicine, Tufts School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts School of Arts and Sciences (Classics, Philosophy, Psychology and Child Development), and other departments in Tufts School of Engineering, including Civil, Electrical, Chemical and Biological, and Biomedical.
What You'll Do
In collaboration with the Director of Graduate Studies for the Department of Computer Science, participates in development of goals and strategies for all Computer Science in-person graduate programs (certificate, postbac, Master’s, PhD). Applies specialized subject matter knowledge to develop, implement, review, and evaluate the support of these programs. Responsible for implementing timely, effective communications to manage these programs and to support the students and faculty involved.
- In collaboration with the Director of Graduate Studies, works with the directors of the in-person graduate programs to develop strategies to support the programs and the students and faculty associated with them.
- Provides advising support for students enrolled in these programs and helps them to navigate the administrative requirements necessary for program completion.
- Oversees, manages, and provides support for grad admissions applicant review process. Provides “first reads” for Master’s program applications. Tracks and reports out on grad admissions trends.
- Manages annual grad review process. Works with Director to identify students of concern.
- Plans and executes event coordination, including but not limited to Q&A sessions for admitted students, grad open houses, grad orientations, group advising, core competency sessions. Develops new event plans as needed to support essential preparation for milestones along the way to program completion.
- Develops programming to support community building within the graduate programs. Partners with and supports CS grad student organizations as needed.
- Supervises graduate program coordinator for in-person programs. Responsible for hiring and training, evaluating workflow and productivity, and conducting employee performance reviews.
- Oversees PhD colloquium participation when attendance is counted for a grade through CS 291.
- Maintains department web pages pertaining to graduate programs.
What We're Looking For
- Knowledge & Skills as Typically Acquired Through Bachelor's Degree and 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of program subject matter
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Minimum $52,600.00, Midpoint $65,750.00, Maximum $78,900.00
Salary is based on related experience, expertise, and internal equity; generally, new hires can expect pay between the minimum and midpoint of the range.