Search for University Jobs in Staff & Non-Managerial Professionals
Student Information System Analyst
Located in Boston's historic Fenway area, Simmons has a strong tradition of empowering women and challenging traditional gender roles. Simmons University was one of the first higher education institutions to prepare women to become leaders and has evolved to become a university offering a women's undergraduate program and graduate programs open to all.
You're joining our community at an especially exciting time as one of our strategic goals is to become the most inclusive campus in New England. You'll find that people who work here are truly committed to our mission of preparing students to become champions of social justice and leaders in their professions and their communities. This commitment and pride make for a dynamic workplace.
The Student Information System Analyst (SIS Analyst) is responsible for ensuring the effective utilization of Workday Student, continuously assessing the capability and performance of the SIS, identifying and recommending improvements to maximize the use of the system, efficiency of business processes, and best practices in academic records management. Reporting to the University Registrar/Director of Academic Records, the SIS Analyst will prepare for the implementation of software releases, ensuring business unit readiness. This role will work with multiple offices and working groups (including Technology, Student Financial Services (SFS), Admissions, etc.) to support Workday Student and other software that affects the Registrar's office.
- Analyze business and/or system processes, identifying and recommending improvement to maximize technological capabilities and academic record best practices, including but not limited to, testing of new/updated processes and developing user documentation of new or changed processes, etc.;
- Serve as advocate and interface between the Registrar's Office and IT to maintain administrative database applications and provide ongoing support for end-users;
- Participate in Registrar, SFS, and Admission technology initiatives by assisting with business requirement gathering, business process review, project management, testing, training, documentation development, communication, and business configuration;
- Partner with the business users to recommend supplemental solutions leveraging Workday and Workday business processes to support ongoing business process changes;
- Assist in the development of enhanced standard reports for ongoing business needs and to support the Registrar's Office interface with other departments;
- Partner with campus stakeholders to implement process modifications that support changing business and compliance requirements.
- Analyze, design, evaluate, modify, test, and implement system functionality in collaboration with the RO, SFS, Admission, and IT teams;
- Lead support for the SIS functionality including, but not limited to, researching and resolving SIS problems, unexpected results, or process flaws, perform scheduled activities, and recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements;
- Provide support to Registrar and related areas by helping to identify data, reports, and necessary tools to support strategic metric initiatives;
- Collaborate with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrades and fixes;
- Oversee, manage, test and implement SIS system upgrades, modules or patches;
- Conduct regular audits of data in the Workday system; create and implement plans to correct any discrepancies.
Required Application Materials
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Minimum of 4 years of a combined professional experience in information systems, with at least 2 years of Student Information System experience; experience with Workday strongly preferred;
- Proven project management experience;
- Prior experience working in higher education a plus;
- Applicable experience and knowledge of system enhancements, improvements, and testing;
- Ability to apply policies and principles as they pertain to data integrity, correction and reporting;
- Superior analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and innovative skills,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to develop and present formal documents, reports, presentations and recommendations;
- Demonstrated skills in prioritization, developing solutions, promoting collaboration, and embracing technology;
- Demonstrate ability to interact with all levels of the organization within a culturally diverse community;
- Requires confidentiality of sensitive personnel information and the exercise of sound judgement with confidential materials;
- Proven ability to remain flexible in the face of change and changing priorities;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
Instructions to Applicants
: Please upload all
applicable application materials (e.g. resume/cv, cover letter, writing sample, teaching philosophy, etc.) in the "Resume/CV" box on page 2 ("My Experience") of this application. Documents can be uploaded individually or as a combined document (e.g. PDF).
Simmons University is committed to inclusive excellence in all aspects of an individual's community experience. As a university committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, Simmons encourages applications from all under-represented groups. Simmons is committed to creating, developing, promoting, and enhancing inclusive hiring practices-at all levels, for all positions-ensuring diverse talent pools and the delivery of a consistent positive candidate experience. Simmons is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body, and curriculum.
To apply, visit https://simmons.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Simmons-Careers/job/Main-Campus---Boston-MA/Student-Information-System-Analyst_R07334
Located in Bostons historic Fenway area, Simmons College is a small, private, non-sectarian College which has educated students for enriching careers and purposeful lives since 1899. Working at Simmons means joining a collaborative, diverse and mission-driven community of educators and professionals.
We prepare students to be leaders for themselves, their communities and the world. Our faculty and staff members lead by example - sharing a commitment to excellence and putting the students first.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |