Cashier/Accounting Assistant (004723), International House, 27518
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptanceacademic and artistic, political and culturalmake it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: 08.21.2019
International House is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit, self-supporting residential and community-oriented program center located in the southeast foothills of the Berkeley Campus. Since its founding in 1930 with a gift from John D. Rockefeller, Jr., it has housed more than 90,000 residents including two Governors of California and eight Nobel Prize laureates. Its mission is to foster intercultural respect and understanding among people throughout the world across cultural, economic, and ethnic lines. I-House provides nearly 1,100 students and scholars from the United States and around the world with an opportunity to live and learn together. I-House's rich array of programs serves the residents, the campus and local community
- Under the direction of the Director of Business and Finance, the Cashier/Accounting Assistant will maintain the cashier window hours in order to collect resident room and board fees, and reconcile daily receipts for bank deposits.
- Collect and process deposits from other departments (Programs, RSC, and Events) when necessary.
- Provide Sales Contracts and invoices data and refunds to the accounting department for proper recording,
- Cross-train and serve as backup Cashier as needed.
- Reconcile cash register reports on a shift basis and reconcile sales on a shift basis, working with the supervisor on duty to properly note the sales of the shift.
- 2-4 years of progressive Accounting and cashiering knowledge base
- Knowledge in Fundamental Accounting principles
- BA in Business Administration or Accounting desired.
- StarRez Student Housing Database
- Card Access databases
Salary & Benefits
Salary Range: $21.43 - $30.49 hourly (commensurate with experience)
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://jobsprod.is.berkeley.edu/psp/jobsprod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=27518&SiteId=1&PostingSeq=1