Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
Candidates with three (3) years teaching experience working in higher education with non-traditional populations or curriculum re-development. Experience with Blackboard Learn, Collaborate, Zoom, SoftChalk Cloud, Camtasia, Mediasite, Respondus, Qualtrics, Flipgrid, VoiceThread, Blackboard Ally. Any Quality Matters certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Strong initiative to develop creative approaches and solutions to problems
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills across a variety of media.
- Adobe Creative Suite, Google Apps, Learning Management System, and Microsoft Office proficiency
- ADA-compliant multi-media development and Web accessibility knowledge and skills
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with multiple internal and university-wide units
- Strong project management, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Excellent consulting skills and ability to build relationships influence and gain commitment of associates at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work independently and plan, organize and set/achieve priorities when performing work.
Bachelor’s degree. In a current master’s degree program in instructional design or a similar, related field. Two years’ experience developing, managing and implementing online courses or learning objects.
Ability to work a remote, flexible schedule including evening/weekend hours. Personify University values.
Primary Purpose of Position
The Extended Campus is accepting applications for part-time instructional designers. The purpose of these positions is to ensure distance education distinctives are implemented in online program courses. These positions are through June 30, 2021. Instructional Designers provide instructional design and quality enhancement services for Extended Campus offerings. In summary, the instructional designer is a digital teaching and learning problem solver and resource. The designer performs instructional development services and evaluation consultations related to Blackboard Learn master courses, non-credit professional development modules, and online programs to facilitate learner-centered, inclusive instruction.
Use evidence-based practices related to adult learners, master courses, co-design, and learner-centered instruction.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The Office of Distance Education and Extended Learning (DEEL) is the administrative unit for the Extended Campus. The Extended Campus provides services and educational programming focused on the needs of a variety of traditional and post-traditional learners year-round. The DEEL strategic plan is in the Online Coordinators SharePoint folder.